Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wrigglers

Sharing some pics of what's been growing

After being out of discus breeding for quite awhile last year I built this small fishroom which this year I have been filling it up, this old forum doesn't get much traffic anymore but thought I'd share some pics anyways
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6573.jpg   IMG_6574.jpg   IMG_6575.jpg   IMG_6576.jpg   IMG_6577.jpg  

Wrigglers
    I don't know how to get the pics the right way up lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6578.jpg   IMG_6579.jpg   IMG_6580.jpg   IMG_6582.jpg   IMG_6583.jpg  

Good work.... what strain?
    Why me ?

Wrigglers
    Thanks,
    Most of those are golden red melons, also have batches of checkered pigeons, cobalts and snakeskin/cobalt cross. The biggest in the room are 4" body length freeswimmers 15th of feb

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by rex82 View Post
    I don't know how to get the pics the right way up lol
    Who cares. I will swap you "how to rotate pictures" for your discus breeding ability. Those bigger ones already look so consistently rounded. And really nice growth rate.
    Thanks.

Wrigglers
    Quote Originally Posted by fern View Post
    Who cares. I will swap you "how to rotate pictures" for your discus breeding ability. Those bigger ones already look so consistently rounded. And really nice growth rate.
    Thanks fern,
    The breeding part isn't the hard part though lol. This forum has really dropped over the years I see. Could really do with some promoting

Wrigglers
    Lovely looking fish , how do you clean the parents and do you have any problem with flukes?
    What do you think of artificial raising of juvies ?
    If you were nearer i would have loved to visit them.
    Good luck with every thing.

Wrigglers
    Thanks sayid, they're coming along well I feel.

I give the parents a fluke treatment with potassium permanganate when I first get them and any signs I have heavy infestation of them.
    Are you having issues with flukes? Water changes are key to dropping numbers definitely and helps prevent reinfestation

Wrigglers
    If anyone is chasing any I do ship

Wrigglers
    Hi rex , i don't have a heavy infestation of fluke but but there are always 2 or 3 fish out of 15 adult fish that show heavy breathing i usually treat with pp 2mg/l that that reduces the number but it never eliminate the whole issue for good ,i need to buy andrew soh book ,i have heard that he mentions a technique where he claims that he can eliminates the gill flukes for good with pp 2mg/l , 4 hours x 5 treatment, so i am thinking of trying that avenue ,but it is lengthy and PITA so we see how i go .
    Good luck with your fish .