I have a discus stock with 30 adult and medium discus fish. They got finrot for a week ago, when i noticed this i turned temp to 28 C. And started treatment with Api triple sulfa - and Kanamycin ( kanaplex) after one week of treatment with these medicines, theres is no improvement. The finrot seems to be a hard strain... after reading your advice here in this thread i started to move them to the quarantaine tank. They got 8 table spoon salt ( tripond salt for koi fish) to my QT tank 20 galons.
After one day of treatment The slim coat seems a little darker( burned like) ....should i still continue for a full week treatment or should i stop and try other anti bakterial medicine?
I have had this finrot disease last year,,,and i was not able to cure the fish. ( it was another stock, not the same as now)
I used at that time Furan 2 , Antimicina, Oxitetraciclina , triple sulfa, Acriflavine, Mardel Maracyn Plus. All of these against gram negative bacteria,,without success in fighting this aggressiv disease.
please tell me what should i do now?
Thank you in advance.