Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You are doing well, salt dips are not always for the faint hearted, specially when you see them roll. Keep up the water changes the temp rise was also a good move. You might see the slime coat drop off the fish after a salt dip but this is a normal reaction.

The spot on the tail could be a point of infection or ulcer. You could salt dip or I would carefully remove him and topically apply some Maracyn or Furan 2 directly to the ulcer with a cotton bud. You can do this daily but should start to heal within a week ime
    Why me ?

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Thank you again for the reply Hollowman. I will keep going at it and I will report back.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Here is the first sick fish who was very black and thin. This is how she/he looks today
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender(4).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	21387

That's a big difference. The colour has really come back. Sure due to the water changes and salt dips. Now the next trick is to get it to fatten up. This is where you could use Epsom salts to clear it's gut and pass out parasites leaving it free to digest all the nutrients in its food. A good beefheart mix will help boost it up.

Good work
    Last edited by Hollowman; Mon Apr 17, 2017 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Typo
    Why me ?

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Thanks Yup the next step to get it to fatten up. I think I ran out of beefheart mix. I have made my own frozen food previously for my Oscars and still have plenty of it, but without the beefhearts I used Salmon, Talapia, Shrimps, Peas, Spirulina Powder and Multivitamins. I think it should do what do you think? I still have some black and red worms which they love and they have been getting them everyday too.
    The Epsom Salts should be a dip as well or how to induce it?

Use 1 tblspn per 10 gallons is recommended. I would spoon out your dosage into a big jug and mix with water then add to your tank. It should take a few hours to take effect and can be removed with normal water changes. You should see them poop which is a good sign it is working.

As for your home made food mix, sounds ok but I would lay odd the red / bloodworm for a while as there is not so much nutritional value to them.
    Why me ?

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Hello Hollowman, After one month of daily 50% water changes and Salt Dips and improvements on the appearance of the fish unfortunately I could not get the smaller one of the sick Discus to eat I tried all kind of frozen foods, Sticks, Pellets granulars and flakes to no avail. Finally I woke one day last week to find him dead in the corner of the Aquarium.

That's a shame. You worked hard to save him but I think that when they get that gaunt look, and thin it is already too late. Just keep up the good work with the others and don't lose sleep over the dead one. You are doing ok.
    Why me ?

Wrigglers
    Sorry about your loss ,as Hollowman said don't lose sleep over the dead one ,unfortunately this is part of discus keeping ,we all have gone through it .you are doing a good job.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Thank you Sayid. I understand. I did give him a proper burial in the park.
    My question is how long should I continue with this routine. The daily water changes and salt dip?
    Also the Epsom salt I put in the aquarium just one time. Should I repeat or not? Should add some after water changes to compensate? Because in the rater I am going after two or three days the Epson salt I put in would be gone.