Thread: Aquarium issue

Aquarium issue

Hi all,
    I'm having an issue with my tank at the moment.
    A weird thick white line has appeared on the bottom of the tank and I am terrified that it's a crack.
    I can 100% guarantee that the tank is level and whatever it is can't be felt on the inside.
    The tank is my breeding tank, it's 130l glass set up. I contacted the store I bought it and they have basically said too bad.
    And advice?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6219.jpg   IMG_6216.jpg  

A photo of the tank standing would be better to see. What is the tank standing on? Is it right on the edge or slightly overhanging? Are you sure it is not a drop of water that ran down the side of the tank and under, drawn in by capillary action? It can dry or look white sometimes. If it is a slight chip or crack then empty the tank and investigate more.
    First let's see more photos.

Hth
    Why me ?

Hi,
    It was a manufacturing defect in the 130l tank. The bottom of the tank completely cracked as I was emptying it. Luckily my black ghost fish is okay okay and dealing really well with the change. But I would love to never go through that again.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Put so well!
    I understand now

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tashoverride View Post
    Hi,
    It was a manufacturing defect in the 130l tank. The bottom of the tank completely cracked as I was emptying it. Luckily my black ghost fish is okay okay and dealing really well with the change. But I would love to never go through that again.
    Hey, How about repairing it? Use a 100% nontoxic silicone sealant to seal up the cracked or leaky spot. Use a caulking gun along the cracked area running along with a silicone bead. It would be tempting to repair the crack from the outside of the aquarium but it is far more effective if you seal it in from the inside.

Unhappy

I had a similar situation with a crack. I repaired it with sealant from the outside, but it wasn't for long. I ended up buying a new tank.