Threaded View

Need some seasoned advice

Hi guys,
    I've been preparing my discus tank for about 3 months now, ensuring that the temperature doesn't fluctuate getting my parameters steady and learning how to adjust them and aclimate my water to match the tank exactly on water changes.
    I genuinely thought that would be the hardest part. I've been looking around at LFS and online to purchase some discus for about 4 weeks now and I don't know if I have read to many articles and I'm imagining problems or if the photos of what discus should look like are setting too high of an expectation.
    I've gone to many LFS's and some have had beautifully rounded fish but refused to show me a feed reaction so I've had to walk away. A few have promised me better stock in a week, but when I go to see them the fish end up having a very wedged shape face or have what I feel too much colouration for a 3 inch face.
    I really want healthy fish and for $160 a fish I don't particularly want to make any mistakes.
    But I'm hoping if I attach a few photos in here I'll be able to get some feedback as to whether these fish have been raised properly. (Judging by shape)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6100.jpg   IMG_6101.JPG   IMG_6102.JPG   IMG_6103.JPG   IMG_6105.JPG