Hybrid View

Hi, I'm New Here!

Aid to recycling

OK I watched a youtube video where someone claimed recycling in a day or two. Seems they squeeze the crap out of a filter foam from a running setup into a jar and into the new aquarium. Any opinions on this? Is it worth trying? If so, as I don't had a recycled tank of my own, I will ask my local fish shop guy to let me clean his filter for him.
    Anyone please because i have read and watched so much differing methods I am totally confused. Is it a difficult or complicated thing to do??
    Thanks

Obviously I have been careless and started this in the wrong area. Remember i am new and don't know if or how to fix it.
    Last edited by fern; Thu Dec 29, 2016 at 10:22 AM. Reason: stuff up
    Thanks.

Wrigglers
    if you clean your LFS filter then you also get his possible disease,bad pathogen or any other undesirable bacteria , i suggest you start with either fishless cycling or put a prawn in the tank and let it go bad and produces ammonia and cycle your tank that way ,any way you go it will take about 6 weeks or so .
    good luck
    sayid

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by sayid View Post
    if you clean your LFS filter then you also get his possible disease,bad pathogen or any other undesirable bacteria ,
    sayid
    I spoke to my friendly local fish guy and he agreed with you. He is willing to give me the crap out of his filter but was against it. He suggested fish food instead of the prawn. He also informed me that my setup wont be here until at least mid January.
    Thanks.

Wrigglers
    fish food is quite acceptable .