Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi, I'm New Here!

Woke up, weird scar like thing on Pregnant Blue diamond discus, 4yrs old

Just woke up to this? Any explanation is it dangerous, what is it. How to fix it? She is with male and see them very rarely harassing each other

Hi, I'm New Here!
    It's a white scar with what looks like a tiny bit of skin coming off it, as if it was scraped. Cut is white, don't think it's bleeding. She seems to be acting normal, slightly less active due to heat . Cut/scar is about 2cm above her eye, more towards the center

Hi Dick,
    Any sharp objects in their tank? Sounds like she had a bump on something, if she is acting normal things should be ok i hope. Can you post a photo of it?

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Hi there no sharp things she had another scar this morning on her side and she was extremely stressed and couldn't swim properly. I medicated her with some salt and easy life stress reliever and seems to be doing much better. Seems like male attacked her cus she didn't want to breed or something along those lines. Stress bars are gone eyes are red again and is swimming nicely again. There was ammonia in the water, 0.30ppm and could have infected cut. Replaced water with my other aquarium that has perfect conditioned water and she's thriving as she did before

Any ammonia in the water is going to make all the fish skittish. The scar you see was not from the male but probably as a result of the ammonia making the fish go zinging around the tank hitting things, sharp or not, or jumping out of the water and damaging itself.

Seems once again your filter is not properly cycled or you are not water changing enough. I think we have been here before right, but you didn't like my help last time.

Putting water from one bad tank to another is also not the answer. This Water does not hold the amazing remedy you are looking for, water only holds in suspension the bioload of the fish's waste products and other bacteria, water does not hold nitrifying bacteria, that is held by a mature filter that you do not have.

Forget my advice if you like, or listen to your lfs who will sell you a new product to quick fix everything. But at least 2-3 large water changes each week of at least 40% and wait until you have a mature filter.
    Why me ?

Hi, I'm New Here!
    I've proceeded to take the discus out as I detected nitrite, the water cycled after that incident before and It did very well. Until recently. I've taken the discus out and out them in my other aquarium and did a full reset on the cycle. Taken all water out cleaned everything with repeater now I have the aquarium Re settling for the next 2 weeks to month (until nitrites and ammonia reads 0) then IL put them back in there for breeding once the water parameters are perfect again . The female was having a bad problem with that aquarium and water and refused to take the chance of keeping any of that water incase of any horrible chemical inside that formed to make her feel that way. Took full precautions, fish are doing well again showing very feint stress bars. Eyes are red again and seem more active . Ammonia has always been a problem for that aquarium.guess I need to build a dump as 2 large discus is too much for a 60L aquarium.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Either that or will do lots of water changes. What would you suggest I do to always keep the parameters perfect regarding to how often/much water

Hi, I'm New Here!
    I have a question for anyone here is they can please reply. It's been 3 days since the 60L has been cycling and the discus seem very happy in the bigger aquarium but they're constantly staring at the other aquarium like they want to go there to breed on the breeding cone there. Was wandering when it is ready for them to go into that aquarium ? Anyone know what I should do after that daily to keep the water at perfect conditions daily?

Cycling a filter can take up to 8 weeks depending on how you want to do it. How are you proposing to cycle your filter?
    Why me ?

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Well I got new media for my filter it's an internal one. Was hoping I'd just wait 8 weeks and put fish in when parameters read perfect . What do you suggest I do ?