Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wrigglers
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
    Well my Melon is still unwell, he has been on a hunger strike for a week now. So far i have left him in the main tank and am doing water changes every few days, i refuse to put him in the hospital tank because every time i have put one of my discus in there they die. I am confused how i can have only 2 discus, one sick and one healthy.
    what are the symptoms of your melon ,what is her poo like, has she has rapid breathing ,has your ph is still down ?

Quote Originally Posted by HarryDK View Post
    what happen with her? gill fluke? or internal parasite? Have you try some treatment?
    Hi Harry, i have no idea what has gone wrong with him, he was growing fast, happy at the glass, even pats at times of feeding. Then one day he just stopped eating and when i approach the tank he runs and hides
    Its been over a week now that he not eat. White poop yesterday and today. I am treating the tank with Seachem Stress Guard at the moment, and after i put it in he comes out and swims around. The other Discus is very happy, eating, hello at the glass and follows me around. I dont know how 1 can be sick and not the other. Perhaps its as Syid said, there is not enough discus in the tank, its just the 2 of them. Maybe its stress and not a illness i dont know ughh

Quote Originally Posted by sayid View Post
    what are the symptoms of your melon ,what is her poo like, has she has rapid breathing ,has your ph is still down ?
    Only symptoms are not eating for a week and white poop so far. His breathing is normal. The ph is at 7.2, it was lower last water change at 7.0. Please read the post i made to Harry for further information hun

Seachem Stress Guard, reduces stress, antiseptic for fish and promotes healing. Just in case you both wondered why im using it...

Honestly I have never used Stress guard in the tank, only when I move fish around because I think it will be a waste for such volume.
    I do not have much experience with discus like you guy, but what has been working for me so far is regular 30% weekly water change, a solid background for them to feel secured, some driftwood and plants for light cover, good number of them, in my case it is 15 now.
    I think i spoiled my discus already, feed them too much, they eat everything very quickly and the clean up crews do their job well.
    Still, my pump start to mess up now, i may need to stop overfeeding them -.-.
    What worry me is that the flying fox algae eater keep eating discus poop, showing that there is undigested food in there

Wrigglers
    That means over feeding on your part.

Wrigglers
    hi sabrina;
    if you see white poo combine with hunger strike it means HEX and drug of choice is metro 10 mg per liter of water together with heat treatment.

Great, just what i need when i dont have Metro. The tank is at 31.5c and stress guard is all i have at the moment. I am actually selling these last two discus, well i was until you just told me he might have Hex. Now i dont know what to do, I was closing my tank down due to not having the funds to buy more discus right now and giving them to a lady that has plenty of discus. I will pass this info onto her and ask if she has Metro and a hospital tank. Thanks Sayid

Ok so plans have changed. I have set up a small hospital tank with prime, stability, stress guard and a fully cycled filter. I will put him in there in a couple of hours, im now stressed about my healthy discus and how she will react being alone in the 4 foot with just a few cory catfish. Ugh, why did i take up discus

oh no, dont give up ! you need to commit more into these fish