Wrigglers

discus lost their appetite

Hi fellow discus keepers ;
    I have started a 200 liter tank a few month ago ,i have 6 discus about 12 month old ,recently their appetite have reduced ,they don't face the back of the tank ,they have black poo ,they don't look thin at least not yet ,my question is ,
    can discus have HEX and still have black poo ,
    currently i have started increasing the temp and hoping that i don't have to use metro .
    please let me know what you think.
    thanks
    sayid

Hi Sayid,
    Those are beautiful fish right there! A credit to you. I am wondering the same question as you, all of a sudden my Melon has stopped eating in the last week and is hanging around near the top of the water all the time, he just seems real off. He has no signs of illness other than what i just wrote so i am baffled at what might be wrong with him at the moment. I havnt seen Steve for awhile on here but i hope he signs on and can help out with your questions.
    Merry xmass

Wrigglers
    hi sabrina ;
    i changed my mind on heat treatment and introduced another discus of similar size from my other tank in to this tank ,making the total number of discus 7 in 200 liter tank hoping having 7 discus together give them security of numbers that they might need ,i don't know if it work or not but had to give it a crack . some time you don't know what is right and what is wrong with discus.
    wish every one a merry Christmas and a safe new year.
    sayid

Yes safety in numbers Sayid, i think thats the way to go. Hope they start eating again, i hope for mine too as well. They are such fickle fish discus, hard to know right from wrong as you said. Happy holidays to all xo