Just a question out of curiosity.

I have a 600L tank with ~10 adult discus; there are two confirmed pair now and one of them constantly lay eggs, recently the young male learn how to fertilize the eggs as they were laid. I didn't plan to breed them at first due to time limited and lack of experience, however, In the future I might.

Lead to my question today, as I have an oversize sump down below the main tank which is providing a bloody good filtration, can I share the sump with any breeding tank that I may set up? and What is the best way to share the sump between tank?

What kind of set up should I use? There is no space above the sump to place the small tank there so I will avoid overflow for it, would a small power head will help, and how do I set it up? I know breeders use sponge filter but since water in the main tank have stable PH always and good temperature, so can I share the water?

My PH will stay between 6.6 to 6.8 most of the time and I do 30% wc weekly, also I have a small aquaponic straberries that doing great vs nitrate, they grow faster than my discus lol.

I have never attempt to breed discus before, but this is a part of the hobby so would be waste if not try