Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I would really recommend you guy to try marine pure, bakki balls media etc. They are so good, a bit costly but nothing compare to the fish. I think reddit said 1 small cube equivalent hundreds of ceramic ring.
    But well, just my opinion. You have a nice big tank, but where are the fishes? I would add 30 more ^^

Quote Originally Posted by sayid View Post
    I have got a small bag of sea shells in my canister filter as a buffer for ph fluctuation ,you can put half a handful of sea shells or broken coral or oyster shells in a nylon bag or lady,s tights and put it in a corner of your tank and hopefully that will do the job.
    I will check my local pet store for some of these over the next few days, thank you
    I just tested the water this morning, the PH is about 7.0 this time. I have driftwood so im not sure why its changing. My nitrate is a bit higher too, bordering on 40, no idea why that has creep up too. I only did a 50L water change yesterday. But i did add 2 new live plants, could be that. The Melon still seems unhappy today, yet the Touq is very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryDK View Post
    I would really recommend you guy to try marine pure, bakki balls media etc. They are so good, a bit costly but nothing compare to the fish. I think reddit said 1 small cube equivalent hundreds of ceramic ring.
    But well, just my opinion. You have a nice big tank, but where are the fishes? I would add 30 more ^^
    Thanks Harry, i will look into these things you suggested. I sold 3 of the Discus recently, and im left with only 2, the biggest and best ones i had. I was planning on buying some more soon, perhaps 3. Looks like it will be after xmass now though. So hopefully they will be ok for the time being.

Wrigglers
    Hi Harry ;thanks for marine pure suggestion ,i am debating between that ,seachem matrix and will choose one.
    Hi Sabrina ; i testes my tap water ph it was 5.5 which is 2 degrees less than normal and also my tank ph is 4.5 which is low ,i have toped my sea shells buffer in case i get ph crash .
    sayid

Sayid: i vote for marine pure everytime , i'm addicted with it now, keep buying -.-, have about 15L of those stuff, work wonderful and finally my K1 section boiling good, gotta be mature now. Tank look promising, time to add fish!