Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Wrigglers
    hi harry ; for the time being w/c is your friend ,go with more safe and half the food they get ,you will be fine , add a couple of air stone that will help your good bacteria to convert ammonia and nitrite , you will be fine .
    sayid

get back home today, nitrite jump off the roof. The fish seem not bother but I did a 40% w/c with the help of 4 soup pot. I manage to reduce it half, add some Safe, doesnt change up. I tried not to feed them, but those poor things staring at me for 3 hours and they won @_@, and i gave them a tiny portion each. I sent the 5-3 inches to QT just in case. There is nitrite still, about .5; let see how it goes tmr. Cant wait for this to end

Wrigglers
    your fish can very easily withstand not eat any thing for 2 weeks so reduce their food and keep up the w/c .

damn, water change wouldnt do much, I manage to reduce nitrite from 5 something to about 1+; cant get rid of these stuff. Wondering how long will it last. Nitrate still about 5, ammonia look like zero, just the nitrite really freaking me out. The wife staring at me with 300L water change 1-2 times daily .... please Nitrite GOD, gtfo (

Wrigglers
    . achievement 1 .you have got ammonia to zero .
    . ..................2 .you have reduced nitrite to 1+.
    in 1 or 2 days you can reduce your w/c to once a day ,keep your feeding to absolute minimum, make sure your ph does not go higher than 7.
    Weldon so far

ammonia may be near zero now, nitrite 0.25, nitrate under 10 may be too much wc. my PH has been stable since start 6.6-6.8, no huge swing, the driftwood does it job. Hopefully tomorrow test will make me smile.
    My fish dont really give a damn about my effort , keep doing their stuff and dont seem to bother about the nitrite spike.
    @sabrina: your favorite fish laid egg again during all this mess lol, may be because of her new bf, i dont know

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	21301Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	21302Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	21303

Harry im so glad to hear your water is getting better! Hopefully the nitrite goes away completely tomorrow..
    Aww look at her with her eggs again lol Harry i think i need to adopt her! To me, she is the most beautiful discus i have ever seen

Wrigglers
    Hi Harry;
    Before i give you any further advice i want one of those babies ....... LOL only kidding .
    You are out of immediate danger but you cant rest until your nitrite becomes zero which should happen within next 48 hours.
    sayid

Hey Sayid, im first in line thank you LOL
    Imagine if she had ones that look just like her *heart*

hmmm, I would love to give you the baby if they can make it lol, some monsters ate them all ! But well, they are unfertilized eggs, so ....; still have some nitrite today in the main tank and suddenly a huge spike in the refugee tank with all 5 smaller discus in it, luckily i found out early and fix the water, but their fins turn black and one is a bit sick now, getting better after 100%wc. I dont know how the spike happen, I fed them quite a bit as they are 3", but daily 60% w/c and still got spike