Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just an Egg
    Hi Hollowman, why do you think male? I read Andrew Soh's book and thought the only way to determine was through the concave or convex genitals. Been trying to work out the sex of them all and I've got waaay to little experience to get it right but have had fun trying!

Andrew is right, there is a way to determine the sex by examining the vent, but it is often difficult to see unless the fish are about to lay eggs, then of course it can be obvious, unless you get two females pairing, which does happen.

The other way, although not 100% is to look at the shape of the dorsal and anal fins. Quite often, but not a rule, the males' have a more pointed tip to the fins, whereas the females are generally rounder. More easy to see in mature/adult fish but to a good eye, you can make a good educated guess. Take a look at yours and see. What do you think?
    Why me ?

Just an Egg

Ummmm...female? Basing this on no streamer on dorsal and anal fin, rounded d & a fins, thin lips and acute intersection of a&d and she looks gentle but then using this I would've said the lemon was male! Haha...practice may not improve my assessing skills but time may.
    Last edited by Krissy; Mon Nov 07, 2016 at 12:34 AM.

Krissy, looks like a bit of fun burn on the tip of the dorsal fin, so we can wait until it grows back to normal before I decide.
    Why me ?