Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wrigglers

Wrigglers
    Update;
    After 6 days Waite ,using 1 TBS of epsom salt for 40 liter per day for 2 consecutive days ,30 minutes ago i notice loads of poo in the form of gray slime on the bottom of hospital tank ,my temp has been on 32 c . I am happy that he has flushed his system and also that the colour of the poo is not white but gray which is one step below black ,still long way to go but at least it is an improvement to the stalemate situation that i was in before .
    Sayid

Lovely fish too sayid, let's hope he gets an apitite back
    Why me ?

He is beautiful Sayid, hope he eats again soon!

Wrigglers
    U p date;
    I decided to take Matt's advise regarding the high temp treatment.i put marlbro red discus together with 2 other smaller discus who have hex and very thin in a 80 liter hospital tank with eihime heater 200 w and over 6 hours increased temp to 35 c ,i know matt recommended 36 c but one discus got spooky about 35.5 c so i kept at 35 c ,at beginning the fish wear extremely active after 3 days they reluctantly start to eat only FDBW ,i maintained 10 mg metro per liter of h2o ,25% w/c twice a day. , their appetite increased every day till day 8 after that i think they got use to the warmer water and not as active as before ,i have maintained the temp for 10 days and tomorrow i will start to reduce the temp , they all have started to eat but not with gusto . I also will wind down the metro as well , i am not out of the woods yet ,but cautiously optimistic .
    forgot to mention i changed the air pump to a bigger one with 4 times the air ,there is very little oxygen at 35 c .
    sayid

Fingers crossed Sayid
    Why me ?

Hoping all will be ok Sayid

Wrigglers
    Up Date;
    Hi guys. its about 13 days that these fish have been under treatment and i am happy to say that they all are eating FDBW with gusto ,i had to settle at temp 33 c it seems the magic temp that their appetite is at their maximum ,i have to say that before this they stayed a few days at 35 c to kill the spiro nucleus parasite ( not sure of spelling ) having said that they are only interested in FDBW but i am happy ,their color has improved and two smaller ones who had lots of peppering have gone clear again , so i have turned the corner ,i am going to keep them in hospital tank to fatten them up a bit more .

Thanks for your interest.
    Sayid

Thats awesome news Sayid, long time coming but well done with your patients on this

Well done Sayid, looking good
    Why me ?