Hybrid View

Hi, I'm New Here!

Are my discus healthy?

I'm new to the discus keeping hobby and I'm unsure if my discus are doing ok. I'm doing daily WC of 20% and feeding them beefheart, bloodworms and flakes. I've had them for about a week but they still seem to always hide and only eat when I leave, is this normal at first?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Mine do the same and have had them for about 8 days, think mine aren't eating much because hey don't see food . Try use black worm cubes if u aren't already so they see it alot easier my man

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    Mine do the same and have had them for about 8 days, think mine aren't eating much because hey don't see food . Try use black worm cubes if u aren't already so they see it alot easier my man
    healthy fish know when good food enters a tank and will be on it within seconds no matter how big they are

Libby, they look like they are very small, keep up the water changes, remove uneaten food and give them time. What are your water parameters?

Dick, your conditions are not right for discus as you have not any real knowledge of keeping fish. Get a basic knowledge of the nitrogen cycle before advising others.
    Why me ?

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by MissLibby View Post
    I'm new to the discus keeping hobby and I'm unsure if my discus are doing ok. I'm doing daily WC of 20% and feeding them beefheart, bloodworms and flakes. I've had them for about a week but they still seem to always hide and only eat when I leave, is this normal at first?
    Any changes since this post? Were you successful with small discus? I've been advised to start with a group of juvenile and learn with them and also that juveniles are much more difficult to start with so I should start with more mature fish. You experience might help me.
    Thanks.