Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Just an Egg

White hole is getting bigger. Please help

Started off as a little white dot and has gotten bigger over time. Salt bath seemed to help it however it kept coming back. tomorrow will be day 2 of protozin. He is eating a little but not like normal and is sticking to one corner of the tank. Been doing water changes every 3 days before I started treatment and water is testing fine. Temp is 31. He is dark in colour and need help to know I'm doing the right thing for him. Thinking of adding salt tomorrow to help with the hole?? Please please help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160901_204238.jpg  

Hi Bianca,
    From what i know salt isnt good for Discus, mostly not good for freshwater fish as a hole either. Do you think it is white spot or otherwise know as ich? Is your fish in the main tank
    with other fish too? If so the whole tank will be infected. Jump on google and look up Ich in fish. This link is helpful, it says to remove all the fish from the infected tank and then turn
    the heat up to kill off the Ich in a couple of days. And there is also treatment foe the fish themselves there too...
    http://www.peteducation.com/article....+2160&aid=2421

There is also a sticky post here on the Emergency board about ICH, please read it

Wrigglers
    Hi Bianca;
    We need to know a little bit more to be able to advise ,please let us know ,tank volume ,how many fish ,size of fish ,filtration ,BB or substrate ,how much w/c and how often ,ammonia,nitrite ,nitrate,ph,gh,kh, how long having the tank set up and if having any fish or plant recently introduced to the tank. a few more pictures of tank and the fish will also help,have you got a QT tank,the above information will help our more experienced members to help you .
    Good luck

Just an Egg
    My first guess is ink because of how this all started . however I'm looking for advice on what people think because the spot is so bad and big.

Just an Egg
    It is a 4 ft tank about 200l bb with plants. Added two new fish 2 weeks ago. A bit of bullying has been going on. Been doing water changes every 2 days at about 20% to try and grow my fish. Amm 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 5 pH 6.5. No qt tank but have a large tub I sometimes use and just put a air stone and heater in..no filter. I have 7 discus all around the same size. Every good filter 2400 something liters an hr . tank has been set up for nearly 2 yrs

Wrigglers
    I don't think its white spot ,white spot is much smaller than this ,its like small particles of salt also it is unlikely to occur at 31 c temperature .

Just an Egg
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160814_200756.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	21211Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160814_200756.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	21211

Just an Egg
    So any advice on what to use on this guy. Seems to be getting bigger and cant really affored to wait and see if what I am doing will work

Wrigglers
    The picture is not clear but if it is an open sore it could be a bacterial infection , in the case of bacterial infection it is advisable to reduce the temp down to 27 c and use an antibiotic like Furan-2 in a QT tank ,keep the water as clean as possible to minimize secondary infection ,the use of salt at one table spoon per 40 L of water is a good start ,i have not used protozin my self so i can't comment but i am sure more experienced member would comment and help you.