Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Wrigglers
    hi sabrina ;
    I have to agree with Holloman ,he does not look good.

Hi Hollowman,
    He is sick yes, but he has no sores, he is swimming around the tank freely, he is not sitting on the bottom or gasping at the top or floundering around. He is just skinny and black in color. Putting him to sleep would be killing him, it wouldn't be humane at all. Im upset that you would suggest this
    I don't wont him to suffer, im trying to help him as much as i can, he is depressed from being taken away from the others and yes sick too but i don't think i should kill him

Clove oil is the humane way. They fall asleep and pass painlessly. I am sorry if this upsets you, but I will only tell you the truth.

You know, yesterday I went to a local fish shop close to where I live. There were 6 juvie discus in a tank and 2 in another tank. All badly stunted, dark and sick. They wanted £25 each. I would have culled them all. No keen fish keeper should ever be offered these culls. They are sold because people don't know any different and of course after spending so much, and they fall sick (sicker) the shop then suggests all sorts of meds to fix a problem they allow in the first place. At least you are here now Sabrina so you can learn what is good and what not to touch in the future. Unfortunately, your little sick fish has no happy future.
    Why me ?

I am going to give Trouble 1 week to come good, in a weeks time the last of the medication will be used in the QT tank. I appreciate what you are saying but i just cant put him to sleep while he is still swimming around freely mid range in the tank, i feel it would be cruel not to give him a chance at surviving through this. I think what if he does pull through, then i would have killed him for no reason. Its such a hard choice to make when you love your fish so dearly, and on the other hand you don't want them to suffer either
    Yes i am here now and i do appreciate the help a lot, im not trying to ignore your advice, just trying to save my fish. If i want to buy more Discus in the future im going to try to find a breeder close to where i live, i have decided not to buy anymore from the pet stores here as not one of my current stock is of good breeding. But, i still adore them just the same.
    Thank you Hollowman for your help

I understand Sabrina. It is not easy sometimes. You will know when it is time. I really hope you can pull him through. Just keep us updated.
    Why me ?

Thank you, and i will keep updates on how he is going...

Its a sad night here, Trouble was put to sleep just now. He is no longer suffering, heart breaking to have to do this.
    Thank you both for your help with this
    RIP Trouble

Wrigglers
    Sorry to hear your loss,it's not an easy decision to do but i am sure you did the right thing .RIP Trouble

Thank you Sayid, his out of suffering now

I am very sorry to hear that Sabrina. I am sure it was a tough decision to make, I have done the same. It is better to end suffering for the fish and for you.

The good that has come out of this thread is that you will not make the same mistake again. It is sometimes a tough learning curve, one that you now know first hand. You can look forward now to finding some great fish from a good breeder. Remember, think twice and even then be prepared to walk away from a fish. Never buy a fish because you think you can get it back to health, it is already too late. Buy quality, buy healthy round fat fish.

RIP Trouble
    Why me ?