Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi, I'm New Here!

What size group?

Hey all.

As the title says really, just after suggestions for groups of wilds. I hope to be getting blues. It's a 6'x2'x2.5' and including sump it's 900-950L capacity. It's got some pretty good filtration, the 4' sump and Fx5.

I would like to keep some money for some geos later on down the track so be easy haha.

Eric.

I'd suggest as many as you could afford Eric as they're schooling fish - and don't mix them with Geo's IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I love Geo's and almost went with them in my upcoming setup. It seems such a shame to detract from what sounds like an amazing display with another species - but that's just me

I personally can't wait to see the pics. Where are you sourcing the Wilds?

Hi, I'm New Here!
    G'day.

Thanks for that swampy. I think if each Discus is around $100, I think 8 to 10. I'm fairly sure i'll be going with the Eartheaters anyway, considering the circumstances of these particular Geophagus .

Yeah I think it'll be a most amazing setup, so looking forward to it. I'd love heckels, but i'll try with blues first .

Got any more general tips? I have read heaps, but heaps to learn still .

Hi, I'm New Here!
    I forgot to mention, I plan to get stock from a local importer, maybe from and LFS if I have to.

Larvae
    Hey Eric

Be patient mate, i lived in brisbane untill dec and when i was there it was very hard to find good stock around. dont rush in and certainly do some reading here about what good fish look like, i think you'll be very lucky if you find wilds for $100 unless they are like 4cm??

Check out this link if your thinking about an importer it helped me,

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8324

Ill send you a pm with a store i had some good sucess with on the north side too!!!!!!!

HTH Justin
    THE DISCUS DISEASE SYMPTOMS SEEM TO BE SITTING IN FRONT OF TANK FOR HRS ON END!!!

REALLY WEIRD FOR AN ADDRENALIN JUNKY!!!

Hi, I'm New Here!
    I'm trying to get fish from Rod at Fishmania, but it might be harder than I think, i'll wait for the right time of year, I believe will be summer?

I know of a shop that can import from south america, and I work at an LFS myself, so I can deal direct with Glasser too.

N.B. I wish not to disclose further information about my workplace, don't ask.

Wrigglers
    Quote Originally Posted by xrboy_85
    Hey Eric

Be patient mate, i lived in brisbane untill dec and when i was there it was very hard to find good stock around. dont rush in and certainly do some reading here about what good fish look like, i think you'll be very lucky if you find wilds for $100 unless they are like 4cm??

Check out this link if your thinking about an importer it helped me,

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8324

Ill send you a pm with a store i had some good sucess with on the north side too!!!!!!!

HTH Justin
    Huh? I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in australia trying to buy discus, Brisbane is the best, great local bred stock and the best importer in australia is here in Brisbane.
    You wont get wilds for $100 ea sorry, It would be great if we could. $200- $300 ea is more the ballpark. Anything more than that and you are being ripped off and anything under that is generally not up to par as far as quality and health are concerned.

GL with he search.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Awesome thanks Rex, was hard trying to find prices at all, even approximations, so thanks for that. Even at that price I should be able to get a decent group, just means it'll take longer to save for haha, but patience is key .

Larvae
    settle ross
    THE DISCUS DISEASE SYMPTOMS SEEM TO BE SITTING IN FRONT OF TANK FOR HRS ON END!!!

REALLY WEIRD FOR AN ADDRENALIN JUNKY!!!

Wrigglers
    Quote Originally Posted by xrboy_85
    settle ross