Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Goodbye dear friend.

Hi all,
    I have some very sad news to announce.

I was told this morning that a great friend of Discusforums.com has passed on.

Many of the long time members here will know Merrilyn.
    With more posts than anyone else on this forum Merrilyn was a source of kindness, wisdom and joy to many of us who love these beautiful fish.

Many of us have spawned and raised 1000's of Fry on her beefheart mix. This hobby is a much smaller place without her.

I know I thanked you 100's of times in the past but I thank you again for all the support and knowledge you gave me and everyone else here.

You made the world a much better place for all our fishy friends and for all of us here who cared for them.

We'll miss you Lady Red!!

Merrilyn was one of the stalwarts on this forum from the beginning and she will be sadly missed by all.

Really sad news that I saw this morning on fb. For all of us who knew here, either in person or as an online friend, we will miss her. RIP Merrilyn.
    Why me ?

oh no that's really sad to hear... what a loss
    my Flickr photo page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27593184@N05/
    my YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mattzilla5000#p/u
    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((( (º>
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸¸.·´><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>><( (((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((( (º>
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸¸.·´><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

It is something I am still coming to terms with after hearing of her passing last Friday evening.

Not only was Merrilyn an inspiration to many in this hobby, she was a very generous and loving friend.

Merrilyn, aka Ladyred, will be sorely missed

She was a absolute legend ... Her funeral for anyone interested will be at Altona memorial park (Melbourne) on Tuesday 15th December at 11am. This has been a very difficult time for many of us close to Merrilyn and Rob and family wish to thank everyone for their kind condolences.
    "If it isn't a wild its way too mild ! "

I was very sorry to hear about your loss. While I never got a chance to know her, I have read many of her posts and her willingness to help other really showed. Hopefull a few members were able to attend her funeral to pay their respects.

Jason

Free Swimmer
    Very sorry to hear of Merrilyn's passing. Clearly the afterlife was in more need of her knowledge then us.

I will never forget my wifes horror as I minced up the prawns and salmon for Merrilyn's beefheart mix. She still tells people the story of how my fish eat better than we do.

Rest peacefully in God's Care.

San Merah Discus
    I've just logged in here for the first time in a couple of years Illusn and what a sad day today is. I logged in here specifically to find her so I could say hi as we became pretty darned close after I started breeding, what a beautiful woman she was. The Discus world in Australia is a far lesser place in her passing, she was a fountain of knowledge, kindness and help. God bless her.
    MAC

Just logged in after a few years. Very sad to hear that you are gone Merilyn.