Thread: Breeding Macaws

Just an Egg

Breeding Macaws

Hi Forum members,
    I haven't read the threads on this site for a few years.
    After being burned by the infamous Marlon aka Boxters i got rid of all my aquarium set ups and got back into exotic parrot breeding.
    I have been breeding Blue Front Amazons, Black Head Caiques, Hahns Macaws and the mighty Blue & Gold Macaws, to name a few species.
    Yes i have baby hand raised parrots most of the year depending how much you want to spend the range is from $1500 to $5000 each. Our parrots (babies and breeders) are extremely well cared for, fed and watered twice daily along with suppliments, toys and interaction.
    The baby parrots receive extra care and attention being handraised in our house and being taught the basics, how to eat properly and commands such as "step up" before leaving here accompanied by a gender DNA certificate, closed S/S leg ring, 30 day health guarantee and even baby pics from hatch to feathered. We are private NOT a shop.
    Myself and my partner have been able to semi retire ( i say semi due to raising baby parrots ), we don't need to work other than look after the 10 breeding pair and 2 personal pet Macaws we have
    The income from our breeding pairs would easily put most doctors to shame and it's all "cash in hand" transactions
    Yep the parrots have more then paid their way, in the last few years they have paid for 3 x very nice American Fender Strats, my motorcycle, Toys etc for our son from stunt kites to PS4 etc, Holidays, Houseboat Weekends, This year a new Nissan Xtrail Turbo Diesel, filled our bank accounts and allowed us to semi retire.
    If you think i'm pulling ya leg, from 1 breeding pair of Blue & Gold macaws we get 6 - 8 babies per year @ $5000 each, we have 2 breeding pair of Blue & Golds plus the other 8 pair of Blue Front amazons, White Front Amazons, Caiques and Hahns Macaws = over $100K per year and these parrots will all be still producing babies after i'm gone
    Besides being a great financial return hobby, exotic parrot breeding is quite tranquil, can be challenging and rewarding.
    Finally before anyone says a thing about keeping "birds in cages" or attempts to judge in such a way, then don't keep fish in tanks, Horses in stables, and otherwise Domesticated Animals that belong in the wild !
    My interests with breeding exotic parrots also lies with conservation of species. It is on some levels heart breaking that we can't visit South America and see these parrots such as the majestic Macaw in most areas due to poachers wiping them out. Poaching, Smuggling, etc is unacceptable i will not support such action in any way.
    Enjoy the fish you all keep or dream of, i hope you get as much satisfaction as i do.
    I'm going to spend an hour with my pet Blue & Gold Macaw for an hour or so before bed.
    I will add a pic or 2.
    Have a good one,
    Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails COOPER 010.JPG  
    Last edited by Gumby; Sun Aug 23, 2015 at 11:20 AM.
    PARROTS RULE ! They have more intelligence than YOU !
    Everybody has to beleive in something, I beleive i'll have another BEER !
    If you don't like it the way i tell it, then go get a pretend life because i live a real one !

Wrigglers
    Sounds like fun. I like the Green wings the best....................if you have a spare $10k

You'll have to excuse my ignorance, but just a quick question. My sister in law is a wild life person and Ive been wanting an owl for a long time, and I'm pretty happy with the idea of helping damaged owls recover and then releasing them back to the wild, buts shes recently been trying to deter me from that and she suggesting I look at getting a Macaw. Now my question, Im a big fan of the Hahns Macaws, small with big personality's, but I see pairs going from between $300 to $5000. I understand you get what you pay for in this world but can anyone fill me into why this is the case?

Wrigglers
    Can't help with that, but I would consider Eclectus if you are going for a small parrot. If for investment, then maybe some of the red lory species.