Hybrid View

Hi, I'm New Here!

pigeon blood - please critique and sex

your thoughts on the pigeon blood around 12 -13 cm

Hi, I'm New Here!
    I really love the way your pigeon looks, he shows well with that white substrate . the rest of your discus looks pretty good as well. their shape looks good to. What are they you didn't say. As for as I can tell your tank looks great. What kind of substrate is that and also what size tank do you have ? It looks very neatly put together. You have a good imagination. I would like to see the whole tank. I'm sorry but I can't tell what sex is your pigeon blood but it resembles a checkerboard pigeon.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Thanks for the comments , things have changed a little since original post . I have added a number of lager discus ,lost 5 of the pictured small ones due to no quarantine on additions .( lesson learnt )
    The pictured pigeon hasn't grown a lot and looks a little thin these days even though it eats well and wormed regularly . Additions are checker board ,albino lemon, red melon , yellow diamond ,snow white along with original red turk and leopard snake skin,both growing well . Tank is a juwel 260 lt and substrate is Toodyay river sand .

Cheers

Wrigglers
    love the colour combination of different discus against white river sand ,it looks very pretty ,i have lost a few discus over the years in exactly the same way ,they don't grow follow by slowly become thinner while they eat and act normal and after 2 or 3 month they become lethargic and they die .i have finally found it's a form of HITH and if you act quick in treat it with metronidazole they will gain weight .what is Toodyay river sand and where do you buy it from ? i have white river sand from the local garden supply but after 6 weeks or so they get dirty grey because of algae, also how do keep your yellow discus yellow , my yellow discus has changed to orange .what do you feed them ? the tank looks lovely and neat.cheers

Hi, I'm New Here!
    thanks sayid

the river sand is sourced from an area just out of Perth and bought from landscape supplier . I don't do anything out of the norm to keep yellow diamond looking yellow , fact that it isn't actually a melon variety might help as I know
    it will not pepper as melons can . I feed sera flora twice a day , FDBW once a day and pellet once a day