Larvae

Please help identifing strains

Hi all,

Haven't posted in a long time, have started keeping fish again after a long layoff, no discus for now. Have decided to go with angels. I know angels are mega hybridized/mixed but I obviously some strains exist. I was wondering if someone could tell me what these two could be. The male looks like a Koi to me but at the same time has no yellow on his head whatsoever, rather a hue of dark orange or red, very little black.
    The female has stripes but they're asymmetrical so I'm really not sure what that strain is, if any.

Photos attached, would love to hear from some of the angel gurus on this forum.

Thank you

zar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Angel1.jpg   Angel11.jpg   Angel2.jpg   Angel21.jpg   Angel22.jpg  

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Koi or gold marble blushing is right for the first one. It will be S/S-Gm/Gm (or Gm/g). The second pic shows a blue tinge but I think that is play of the light rather than pb. The Kois can be either yellow or orange on the cap. Some of the more recent selective breeding is extending the orange to most of the body (calling it red I think) which also looks pretty spectacular.

Second one is a (nice) silver zebra which results in additional barring on the side of the regular silver angle. It will be either Z/+ or Z/Z in addition to the regular silver genes being expressed.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Should also say that working out what you will get when crossing these together is a difficult thing to do when so many of the other genes at the other loci are not known (only known by test-mating) but my bet is on either 100% silver gold marble clowns if your boy is Z/Z about a 50:50 split of silver gold marble clowns and silver gold marble ghosts if your boy is Z/+

Hi, I'm New Here!
    The marbled one could also be a straight gold marble,too...