Wrigglers

my discus on hunger strike

Hello all;

i have had my 141 cm x 60 cm x60 cm 504 liter tank for 3years .The tank is BB and 4 plants in little plastic containers ,i have nine adults discus ,three SAE in the tank .

ph 6.8
    kh 2
    gh 4
    ammonia 0
    nitrite 0
    nitrate 5
    temp 30 c
    About 6 weeks ago my male marl bro red stoped eating ,i put him into hospital tank treated him with Big L then praziquantel ,the poo was mucous ,white then i put metronidazole at 25 mg per 10 liter 50 % water change per day for 14 days ,the white poo was reduced a lot but he did not start eating at this stage i could not do any more so i took him to a fish vet and he took skin swab fro skin ,look at the poo under microscope all inconclusive ,he inject him with B12 vitamin and tube fed him with a liquid food ,i took him back to hospital tank,he had a descend number of live black worm in on go and i was happy but that was it ,a week later i took him back to the vet and he tube fed him with Enrofaxacin (Enrotril oral 25 mg ) 0.05 ml once per day for 7 days.still no eating.
    you will not know that he is sick he looks fine ,the stomach looks a bit concave and a bit lethargic but he is a big boy 17 cm .my vet think it is likely to be FISH TB .
    i am hopping that your experts can shed some lights ,i have put him back to my display tank hopping that the other fish eating improves his appetite .
    thanks for reading this
    sayid

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150513_213759.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	20932Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150513_213820.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	20933Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150513_213850.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	20934

Just replied to you in TW's thread.
    if it is fish TB then the prognosis is bad.
    should he look like he's going to go belly up get him to the vet and get an autopsy.

if it comes back positive don't buy any more fish, just enjoy the ones you have for as long as you have them.

Wrigglers
    thanks ILLUSN ,i will let you know of the results as soon as i get them.
    sayid

Wrigglers
    hi ILLUSN,

I received an e-mail from the vet which says that he did not observed any parasite under microscope and there was a large mass associated with gastrointestinal track which seemed to be cancer , he also says " the good news is that i did not see any typical granulomas associated with mycobacteria when i checked liver ,spleen and liver .
    although to be sure i need to spend another $200 for further pathology study ,which i am not going to pursue .
    even though i am sad that i lost him ,i know that i eventually i got to the end of it and i can now get on with my aquarium.
    thanks illusn for your interest shown.
    sayid

Wrigglers
    hi ILLUSN,

I received an e-mail from the vet which says that he did not observed any parasite under microscope and there was a large mass associated with gastrointestinal track which seemed to be cancer , he also says " the good news is that i did not see any typical granulomas associated with mycobacteria when i checked liver ,spleen and liver .
    although to be sure i need to spend another $200 for further pathology study ,which i am not going to pursue .
    even though i am sad that i lost him ,i know that i eventually i got to the end of it and i can now get on with my aquarium.
    thanks illusn for your interest shown.
    sayid

sorry that you lost your fish, but glad to here there's no mycobacterium.