Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Just an Egg

Sunnyside Aquarium

Hi All in Melbourne,

anyone know what is happening with this store. Last time I visited was in March and they looked to have some good fish from Forest Discus. I have cycled my tank now and was looking to buy some discus but they seem to be shut for renovations.

However I have read on their site and elsewhere that they were reopening end of April, then beginning of May and it is now 7th May and nothing. There phone rings out and they aren't answering emails.

If they are still in business then it is terrible customer management not having a clear message on their website or facebook or an email automated message or phone to properly inform customers of what they are actually doing.

If anyone has anything definitive that would be good as I am stocking my tank now and don't want to be waiting around for another two months if they are out of business and not going to be of any use.

They were pretty random when I bought my discus from them. I saw they have been closed for renovations for a while, dunno what is going on there. They were also moving a while ago too. They do a lot of commercial tank/installs/maintenance maybe that is keeping them busy. They have never replied to any email I sent, even though they were open. Answering the phone was also optional. Pity as they always stocked great discus.

Just an Egg
    Yea I've wanted to go for a drive for a few weekends now and they aren't responding to any form of communication.

What vicinity are you around? I could name a few good ones.

Looks like they're open again, I might see if I can get there tomorrow.

Just an Egg
    Thanks, I drove past and dropped in as well but looks like they will be open on and off next couple of weeks. Best to call and make sure they are open before you drop in. He said they would have another shipment in a couple of weeks and should be out in early June.

Wrigglers
    It has certainly been an interesting communication strategy. Open, not open, open from time to time. I am told the other aquariums are not complaining.

Agreed but where else can you purchase Forrest discus from?

Wrigglers
    What we should be doing is all getting together and renting one of the quarantine facilities (and we can) and bringing in the best fish from Asia as a one off shipment. We just need a volunteer to go to Singapore and hand pick the fish.

Just an Egg
    yea its a challenge with all fish isn't it, I cant bring myself to order sight unseen over the internet fish, they may have various return policies etc but the hassle, stress and issues I don't want to deal with. Besides I really enjoy going for a drive and spending time looking in al the tanks and hoping to find something new or interesting I haven't seen before or for quite some time.

I bought a Discus from Sunnyside last week and added it to my tank with the ones I already had.

Did a dose with Kursuri after as a bit of a preventative and all seems to be good a few days later. Will be interested to see what they get in in next shipment.