Hi, I'm New Here!

New to Discus Keeping Help??

Hi there, I've been researching discus for a while and just yesterday I bought three 2-2.5" discus for my 55g that has been running now for a few weeks. I know that they will need a bigger tank when full grown but for now they seem happy in the 55g. I have frozen brine shrimp and libe brine shrimp currently hatching that should be ready by tonight. The one seems really interested in the frozen brine shrimp but the other two don't seem to love it. I do have rocks in the bottom of the tank and live plants for them to hide in. I checked the water parameter s before I put them in and the water they came in was really close to mine, except my pH was a tiny but higher. I dripped water into a bucket with them for about an hour and then slowly introduced them to the tank. They are swimming and eating fairly well and don't seem to be having any throubles in the water. I was just wondering if I'm doing everything right, how I could entice the other two to eat some more and if I could put my two 2" angelfish in with them or if that would screw up the water? I'm really worried about messing this up and would really appreciate any tips anyone has. Thank you

Wrigglers
    Hi. best to get them on to discus pellets. If they don't eat try frozen blood worm. It is always best to keep a pair or more than 5 discus or one will be picked on, so keep an eye on that. Keep the angelfish out for now. They will out compete the discus and are likely to give them worms. Best of luck with them.