Thread: Nualgi

Just an Egg

Nualgi

Has anyone tried this product with plants and discus. It sounds too good to be true. I've had my tank up and running for about three months now and am getting very small tufts of algae growing and was wondering whether this would be a good product.

Don't really want to test it out and find I shouldn't of though.

Wrigglers
    Are you concerned about black beard algae? If yes, turn off filters and use flourish excel in a spray bottle directly on to the algae.

Just an Egg
    Not blackbeard so much, got a small amount of hairy string type algae starting to show up so want to get on top of it. I have pulled out all I can. I haven't got the Excel but I do have Dinosaur spit which is very similar so have put some of that directly onto the affected areas and increased the daily dose as well.

Did this in my other angel tank when I had a way worse infestation and it took about ten days or so and it got rid of it completely and it has never come back. So hopefully that will deliver results.

But saw that Nualgi and it sounds interesting but I logged onto their website and it talks about working best at a temperature of 25 degrees or in that range and im sitting at 28.5 with the discus and im not dropping the temperature.