Just an Egg

Preventative Worming discus and flukes

What is the general opinion on worming discus with a product like kusuri wormer plus on a regular basis as a preventative. My feeling is not to.

Is it a good product and one that is worth having in the emergency kit as a worst case?

Wrigglers
    If you are bringing in new plants and fish it is not a bad idea. I worm every few months.

Just an Egg
    What do you use to worm please?

Wrigglers
    I use AZOO discus wormer.

Hey Matt, can you elaborate on the 'Azoo' brand? I've never heard of it and they have some interesting products. Where do you source it?

Wrigglers
    AZOO discus anti endoparasites with metronidazole, levamisole and menbendazole
    AZOO freshwater anti Protozoa - no ingredients but it kills flukes
    I get them from NewLife aquarium
    The AZOO triple black water is also great for bacterial infections etc

Just an Egg
    Hi There,

100% you should deworm your discus. I use Kusuri wormer every 4 weeks and I haven't lost any discus for a long time...I buy it from ebay at $42.95 for 20G packet which is the biggest you can buy and lasts for ever

Just an Egg
    Thanks, I have actually ordered 2 packs of the Kursuri Wormer Plus and it should arrive in the next day or two. My fish are looking fine at present and doing what they are meant to be doing. I am looking to get some more fish in the next week or two so was thinking of waiting until I get the next batch before I do a treatment.

All fish are coming from the same wholesaler and LFS so should reduce chance of an issue but obviously not eliminate it completely.

Do you need to turn off UV or anything with this product, I think it says you don't but is that also the experience and do you know if it affects the bacteria in your filter? It says it doesn't but ive read some people say it does wipe out your filters bacteria, which wouldn't be good at all.

Thanks again for the feedback.