Hi, I'm New Here!

New Here and Starting with Discus.

HI friends.

I just felt in love with discus fish and restart my tank and now i am adjusting for this royal fish.

Water parametres PH:7.5 KH:5

Tank: 700l about 180gallons
    Fishes: 10x discus (7-11 cms), 3x Geophagus neambi, 12x corydoras sterbea, 1xgibbiceps

Iam thinking about lowering ph but dont know which way is good for me..I dont want RO cos of big tank. Co2 looks fine but i have hardscape tank. MAybe acid?

Here is pick:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10421174_10203355403277580_6940065238572208677_n.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	20852

Thank you for any advice.

Wrigglers
    Tank looks great. No need to lower the pH - it will be fine. I would include some anubias plants in there.

keep an eye on that Gibby, they can get a taste for discus slime.
    If you want to lower your pH I suggest lowering the pH in your aging drum to say 6.5 and using water changes to lower the pH.
    with 700L tank your most cost effective method will be to use HCl.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Why lower the pH? 7.5 is not bad. Maybe for breeding purposes?

Those driftwood look good. How about tying some moss or Java fern on top of the wood? Needle leaf, trident or windeov jave fern will look nice in nook and cranies on those drifwood. Vals or crypts can be used to fill the space between those three pieces. They are fairly undemanding plants and will grow well. Plants will soften the water over time.

SnakeSkin Discus
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSN View Post
    keep an eye on that Gibby, they can get a taste for discus slime.
    If you want to lower your pH I suggest lowering the pH in your aging drum to say 6.5 and using water changes to lower the pH.
    with 700L tank your most cost effective method will be to use HCl.

Agreed!!!!!
    Nathan

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Thank you for responses.. I dont understand things about gibby..He isnt compatible with discus?

Hi Neio its not that the gibby isn't compatible just that some times when they get a taste for the Discus slim you will find that the will suck on the side of the fish till it gets to the point that it will stress them out and my even kill them, as for the ph disus do better in a ph around 6.8 or lower , not saying that they cant be keeped higher how ever they seem to not last as long and are more prone to stress and illness and some of the nasty pathogens that do well in a higher ph , hope that helps a little

oh yeah tank looks great by the way

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Thank you scott..Now i have h2so4 but have little problem with application because my tank needs i think about 120ml of h2so4 to start but how to applicate..I am litle scared to burn fishes..so my appllication is max 5ml but it takes ages to lower ph..and then watter change again..some advices?? maybe prepare watter in bath or bucket? i am in flat and dont have enough space for RO or big bucket for rain watter etc.

Don't use H2SO4 its toxic use HCl!
    do not add it directly to your tank.
    add it to your water aging barrel / tank / drum wateer you use to condition your water for your fish, and then add the adjusted water to the tank