hi all,

I am using two eheim 2180 cannisters as both extra filtration on my sump but also as the heaters for the whole tank setup.

These filters have a 500 watt heater built in and a digital temperature gauge that shows their temp and allows you to set it.

Does anyone know how accurate these temp,gauges are? Reason for the question is i recently added a Seneye device to the tank and it is reading 1.5 degrees lower than the Ehiems in the same water. I then bought a digital thermometer and tested the water with it and it is reading about .1 to .2 away from the Seneye.

Only thing I can think of is that the water in the cannisters itself is slightly warmer than the water in the tank due to being in the cannister itself. Both the eheim cannisters are reading within .1 of each other so it's not that one is out of whack.

Obviously for discus you want a certain water temperature in the tank itself and currently it seems that is out by a factor of 1.5 degrees.

My simple solution is to just turn the cannisters up 1.5 degrees above what I actually want the temp to be and then it should be at the right temp in the tank.

Anyone else got any suggestions as I can't find if you can adjust the eheim settings to match.

Thanks for any assistance or advice.