Spray bar question

Hi guys and gals, I just have a quick question regarding the spray bar direction.
    Does anyone have they're spray bar pointed towards the surface to agitate the water?
    Mine are facing downward toward the back wall to run down the back wall basically not straight horizontal on the wall.
    I've thought about changing it upwards. Would that benefit in any way?
    I have to big air stones in there too.

Help would be appreciated
    Thanks

in my non planted tanks I liked it near the surface causing a nice ripple across the top, it increases gas exchange and I liked the effect it makes with the lighting.

It really depending what you are trying to do with the spray bar. If you are trying to use it as an agitator you can point it the water. It has the added benefit of adding oxygen while disturbing the water surface. I make the mistake of putting submerging a spray once with out bleed off some water and created a strong current in a hexagonal tank. Just saying there are lots of uses for a spray bar. It just depends how you want to use it.

Jason

Mainly for oxygen. An added bonus is the nice rippled shadows it creates.
    Some other people have told me that you don't need air stones to generate oxygen. This is better.
    I've turned them off to experiment aswell as some research.

My main thing is whatever benefits the fish I'll do.

I turned my air diffusers off and it didn't make any difference to the fish. I have no spray bars, just the outlets pointed up so the flow just brakes the surface.