Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New discus tank

Wrigglers
    Hi Mavzta , sure https://www.facebook.com/groups/295885943918746/ hope this link works.
    Just got back from Melbourne airport my 4 cobalts and 2 leapords are doing fine I need to grow them out, there young only 3 inches

shakadog maybe someone on these forums can quarantine discus for you for a fee?? if so I would also go to him/her

I am not very good with medication.
    Rossco

Wrigglers
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavzta View Post
    New life, Subscape, oakleigh, Keysborough, Mentone, sunnyside Aquariums.
    Keysborough has just got some beautiful tiger discus in last week. Nearly bought one myself. Was $225 I think.
    Mentone discus are pricey. Subscape is pricey too but good quality.

I know of an importer who has gets great stock in Melbourne too.
    There's a guy on here with a 9ft who buys from him. Nice fish. He gives good deals if you buy a few in one hit.
    I'll try find the guy with the 9ft.

That importer you know Mavzta does he or will he worm/parasite quarantine discus for you?
    If so I will be buying from him
    Rossco

Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    That importer you know Mavzta does he or will he worm/parasite quarantine discus for you?
    If so I will be buying from him
    Not sure mate. I've never asked. Mind you I haven't bought off him either yet.
    Let me know if you want his details.
    He sells on gumtree too.

Wrigglers
    great yeah please pm me his details I will chat to him.
    thanks very much.
    He sells from Melbourne?

I saw a gumtree add on discus for sale in perth guy says he treats worms/flukes etc... but that guy told me he doesn't ship to Melbourne sadly.
    Rossco

SnakeSkin Discus
    new life aquarium in abbotford is your go to place for discus in Melbourne. They get frequent imports of amazing discus, lots of variations and sizes and best prices! if you are after a particular type they maybe able to add it to their next shipment. I wouldn't go anywhere else
    Nathan

Wrigglers
    Just thought I should let u guys know I got in touch with these discus sellers in Brisbane, they sound awesome http://livingreefaquariums.com.au/discus.html
    Pricy but worth the cost as they do deworm quarantine there discus always....and there Martin NG discus and Tony Tan discus.
    I will be making a order it looks..........
    Rossco

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Rossco,throw up some pics of your youngsters from Rod
    Cheers
    Jim

Hi Mavzta , sure https://www.facebook.com/groups/295885943918746/ hope this link works.
    Just got back from Melbourne airport my 4 cobalts and 2 leapords are doing fine I need to grow them out, there young only 3 inches

shakadog maybe someone on these forums can quarantine discus for you for a fee?? if so I would also go to him/her

I am not very good with medication.

Just thought I should let u guys know I got in touch with these discus sellers in Brisbane, they sound awesome http://livingreefaquariums.com.au/discus.html
    Pricy but worth the cost as they do deworm quarantine there discus always....and there Martin NG discus and Tony Tan discus.
    I will be making a order it looks..........
    Yes, I've called them a few times. Spoke to Tracy. They really know their stuff regarding discus. Amongst other things.
    I bought my Maxpec Razor light from them. They gave me a good deal. And I buy my Kusuri from them too.
    Good to talk to and get advice from.
    Their discus look awesome too. Top quality. From what I've seen from their website and facebook.

Wrigglers
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavzta View Post
    Yes, I've called them a few times. Spoke to Tracy. They really know their stuff regarding discus. Amongst other things.
    I bought my Maxpec Razor light from them. They gave me a good deal. And I buy my Kusuri from them too.
    Good to talk to and get advice from.
    Their discus look awesome too. Top quality. From what I've seen from their website and facebook.
    Good to hear Mavzta.... Thanks.
    spoke to Gary and yeah they seem the real deal, very dedicated to there discus.
    Will get my order in soon, just waiting on some pics Gary will send to me during the week.
    Rossco

Just an Egg
    Hi all,

Been a while and been through some tribulations with the tank and got busy with life and really didn’t do the fish justice and let the tank get badly overgrown and unloved.

Been spending the last couple of weekends fixing it all up agin, from heating, think i cost myself a lot of excess power this winter, to plants etc. cant quite get the tank crystal clear at present even though i have tons, literally of filter media.

Ph 6.5 - 6.7
    Nitrite 0
    Nitrate 0
    Ammonia 0
    According to API test kits

Ammonia 0.012 according to Seneye device

Couple of photos below, hopefully going to add some new fish in about two to three weeks and should have all of the various equipment running again properly. UV globe was gone for example, new one this week i am hoping.

Any hints on how to get super clear water happy to receive as frankly I’m stumped, with the filtration i have it should be crystal clear but i just cant get there at present.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6BB8A136-D46C-4E35-B89B-0B2BEE08091C.jpg