Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: New discus tank

  1. #11
    Wrigglers
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Reservoir
    Posts
    222
    Hi Mavzta , sure https://www.facebook.com/groups/295885943918746/ hope this link works.
    Just got back from Melbourne airport my 4 cobalts and 2 leapords are doing fine I need to grow them out, there young only 3 inches

    shakadog maybe someone on these forums can quarantine discus for you for a fee?? if so I would also go to him/her

    I am not very good with medication.
    Rossco

  2. #12
    Wrigglers
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Reservoir
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavzta View Post
    New life, Subscape, oakleigh, Keysborough, Mentone, sunnyside Aquariums.
    Keysborough has just got some beautiful tiger discus in last week. Nearly bought one myself. Was $225 I think.
    Mentone discus are pricey. Subscape is pricey too but good quality.

    I know of an importer who has gets great stock in Melbourne too.
    There's a guy on here with a 9ft who buys from him. Nice fish. He gives good deals if you buy a few in one hit.
    I'll try find the guy with the 9ft.

    That importer you know Mavzta does he or will he worm/parasite quarantine discus for you?
    If so I will be buying from him
    Rossco

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    That importer you know Mavzta does he or will he worm/parasite quarantine discus for you?
    If so I will be buying from him
    Not sure mate. I've never asked. Mind you I haven't bought off him either yet.
    Let me know if you want his details.
    He sells on gumtree too.

  4. #14
    Wrigglers
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Reservoir
    Posts
    222
    great yeah please pm me his details I will chat to him.
    thanks very much.
    He sells from Melbourne?

    I saw a gumtree add on discus for sale in perth guy says he treats worms/flukes etc... but that guy told me he doesn't ship to Melbourne sadly.
    Rossco

  5. #15
    SnakeSkin Discus
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,338
    new life aquarium in abbotford is your go to place for discus in Melbourne. They get frequent imports of amazing discus, lots of variations and sizes and best prices! if you are after a particular type they maybe able to add it to their next shipment. I wouldn't go anywhere else
    Nathan

  6. #16
    Wrigglers
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Reservoir
    Posts
    222
    Just thought I should let u guys know I got in touch with these discus sellers in Brisbane, they sound awesome http://livingreefaquariums.com.au/discus.html
    Pricy but worth the cost as they do deworm quarantine there discus always....and there Martin NG discus and Tony Tan discus.
    I will be making a order it looks..........
    Rossco

  7. #17
    Hi, I'm New Here!
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3
    Rossco,throw up some pics of your youngsters from Rod
    Cheers
    Jim


    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Hi Mavzta , sure https://www.facebook.com/groups/295885943918746/ hope this link works.
    Just got back from Melbourne airport my 4 cobalts and 2 leapords are doing fine I need to grow them out, there young only 3 inches

    shakadog maybe someone on these forums can quarantine discus for you for a fee?? if so I would also go to him/her

    I am not very good with medication.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Just thought I should let u guys know I got in touch with these discus sellers in Brisbane, they sound awesome http://livingreefaquariums.com.au/discus.html
    Pricy but worth the cost as they do deworm quarantine there discus always....and there Martin NG discus and Tony Tan discus.
    I will be making a order it looks..........
    Yes, I've called them a few times. Spoke to Tracy. They really know their stuff regarding discus. Amongst other things.
    I bought my Maxpec Razor light from them. They gave me a good deal. And I buy my Kusuri from them too.
    Good to talk to and get advice from.
    Their discus look awesome too. Top quality. From what I've seen from their website and facebook.

  9. #19
    Wrigglers
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Reservoir
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavzta View Post
    Yes, I've called them a few times. Spoke to Tracy. They really know their stuff regarding discus. Amongst other things.
    I bought my Maxpec Razor light from them. They gave me a good deal. And I buy my Kusuri from them too.
    Good to talk to and get advice from.
    Their discus look awesome too. Top quality. From what I've seen from their website and facebook.
    Good to hear Mavzta.... Thanks.
    spoke to Gary and yeah they seem the real deal, very dedicated to there discus.
    Will get my order in soon, just waiting on some pics Gary will send to me during the week.
    Rossco

  10. #20
    Just an Egg
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    77
    Hi all,

    Been a while and been through some tribulations with the tank and got busy with life and really didnít do the fish justice and let the tank get badly overgrown and unloved.

    Been spending the last couple of weekends fixing it all up agin, from heating, think i cost myself a lot of excess power this winter, to plants etc. cant quite get the tank crystal clear at present even though i have tons, literally of filter media.

    Ph 6.5 - 6.7
    Nitrite 0
    Nitrate 0
    Ammonia 0
    According to API test kits

    Ammonia 0.012 according to Seneye device

    Couple of photos below, hopefully going to add some new fish in about two to three weeks and should have all of the various equipment running again properly. UV globe was gone for example, new one this week i am hoping.

    Any hints on how to get super clear water happy to receive as frankly Iím stumped, with the filtration i have it should be crystal clear but i just cant get there at present.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6BB8A136-D46C-4E35-B89B-0B2BEE08091C.jpg  

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •