Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should I move my discus on?

I bought a beautiful cobalt blue discus about 6 months ago and it looked like this

It has been bullied quite a bit since and hid for months and hardly ate.
    It finally gained confidence to join the pack and eats well.
    But, it has lost some color due to stress I'm guessing and has strong stress bars all the time.
    I'm debating wether to sell it and hope that it goes back to its former glory once it's happy again.
    Does anyone have advice with this?
    Cheers

Wrigglers
    I always think it is best to move on fish that I don't hold in high regard anymore. The only challenge is to resist getting a new one and throwing it in the tank without quarantine. It is a nice fish - looks like a male.

Wrigglers
    Just an idea - try feeding AZOO 9 in 1 pellets to bring out the blue. It has PSB in it.

SnakeSkin Discus
    unfortunately these things happen, they get bullied and end up quite damaged and just arent happy. Eventually they die from stress i think its better to take it back to your LFS.

I hate watching my fish bully eachother its just not relaxing and enjoyable, ive lost two peruvian altum angels from it (both jumped out the tank, its an open top)

i regret not taking them back
    Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by mattgoanna View Post
    Just an idea - try feeding AZOO 9 in 1 pellets to bring out the blue. It has PSB in it.
    I'm actually feeding them that matt. I have the red one too.
    I'm contemplating taken it to my lfs Nathan. I just don't want to. 😞
    Here's a pic taken today.

Wrigglers
    Notice the point on the dorsal is now gone. Could it be that the fish was hormoned and the colour has gone back to normal for the size. Looks like it must still be eating.

Quote Originally Posted by mattgoanna View Post
    Notice the point on the dorsal is now gone. Could it be that the fish was hormoned and the colour has gone back to normal for the size. Looks like it must still be eating.
    Dunno. How do you tell? Yeh he's eating well enough.

I've decided to give the cobalt a chance.
    I'm sure I saw a bit more color in it today.
    It's certainly not thin and eating well. It may come good.
    Time will tell.
    Thanks for your input.

SnakeSkin Discus
    It doesn't look unhealthy but if you notice it starting to get damaged by others then I'd recommend moving it. Keep us Updated! Anymore pics of the whole tank it looks Great! !
    Nathan

Wrigglers
    I find Discus Bio-gold is good for giving them some extra weight. It can take a bit of time to get them eating it, but once they do...............