Just an Egg

Smile Breedng Apistogramma Agassizii "Triple Red" (German) part 2

Day 10 See the pink bellies full of BBS

Day 11 Large spawn of 6-7 dozen

Day 93:
    Juvenile Male. Feeding on spirulina flakes. The brood are growing fast, healthy and colouring up nicely. They are ready to find nem homes……
    Diet: Frozen Brine shrimp, live bbs, Spirulina, Freeze Dried Cyclop Eeze, flakes of high protein content.
    TDS:50-75 ppm
    PH 4.5-6.5
    Water change: every 2-3 days.
    Temperature:24-26o
    NC3 5-25ppm
    [/URL
    Regards
    John

SnakeSkin Discus
    im currently cycling a tank to have a go at breeding apistos, probably double reds. ive been told after the eggs hatch to remove the female as the female becomes aggressive protecting the brood and the male can sometimes try eat the fry, did you find that?

my ph is around 7, very soft water here in melbourne. i dont like messing around with ph using buffers etc think theyll be ok in 6.5-7?

did your adults take dry food at all? i noticed you only listed frozen food
    Nathan

Just an Egg
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    im currently cycling a tank to have a go at breeding apistos, probably double reds. ive been told after the eggs hatch to remove the female as the female becomes aggressive protecting the brood and the male can sometimes try eat the fry, did you find that?

my ph is around 7, very soft water here in melbourne. i dont like messing around with ph using buffers etc think theyll be ok in 6.5-7?

did your adults take dry food at all? i noticed you only listed frozen food

Dear Nathan,

1. You should not use chemichals for lowering PH to 5.5-6. Use Canadian spaghnum peat moss, put some in a sock, soak it in the tank water.
    2. Please read the above carefully: "Spirulina, Freeze Dried Cyclop Eeze, flakes of high protein content."
    3. Take out the male when larvae batched. Leave female with fry for 2-3 weeks.
    Please feel free to ask more.
    Good luck.
    Regards
    John