Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Just an Egg
    Looking good, he had some nice fish out at Sunnyside yesterday, store was really busy which was great.

That's why I dropped in Friday night

Wrigglers
    they look lovely ,how big are they ,it looks as they still have not coloured yet ,so you must have about 10 discus by now ,time to get a bigger tank ,ha ha, tanks looks great

Thanks, they're about 3.5 inch and yep still haven't coloured up. Hoping to get a nice halo out of these guys. Total of 7 discus so that's fully stocked for this tank, actually it is probably overstocked if you use the 50L per adult fish measure. The issue with getting a bigger tank is bigger water changes. I'd love a 4x2x2 but the current tank is manageable so I'll run it for while.

SnakeSkin Discus
    hey mate where did you get the 20l drum from? and what type of pump are you using exactly?

I just moved and need to adjust my water change method (plus carrying buckets is a pain!). is it working out alright?

tanks looking great buddy, youve come a long way should be really happy!

A mistake i have made and im sure plenty of other people have as well is going with a bigger tank and then finding your not able to manage the water changes, its really disheartening and you eventually sell it and lose a lot of money, definitely stick with the setup youve got if its working for you!
    Nathan

Hey Nathan, totally agree on the tank size and water changes. I'd love a 4x2x2 but it would double my water change amount and that would be unworkable.

The 60L drums are from here http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WATER-STO...-/190903638267 I bought them at the Bayswater store.

The pump is an Eheim Compact 1002, I bought it from Nature Aquariums in Mont Albert. I could have bought a cheaper pond pump but decide to spend the extra $.

It is an expensive option but the convenience and not lifting buckets is worth it.

2 x Bunnos trolleys $40
    2 x 60L drums $80
    1 x Eheim pump $80
    1 x Jager 150W heater $60
    2m x 16mm hose $16
    2 x 2.5m tie downs $10
    1 x 5m extension lead and switch $20
    2 x spring clamps $10
    Total - $316

Another tank shot after a big clean and trim last week

I added some Indian Almond Leaves last week to see if I could get one of the recent Alenquer Cross additions to come good. Looks like I may have to setup the hospital tank as he just isn't very healthy.

Unhealthy

His mate who was bought at the same time, from the same batch, living in the same tank

Just an Egg
    I went away for a few days over the school holidays and due to the cold weather I discovered when I got back my heaters were not up to the job of keeping the tank constant. A lot of my fish when I got back looked exactly like the one you have posted above, gone very dark no colour almost black and to make matters worse they and the L number catfish had white dots, ich I believe, all over them.

I bought more heaters and cranked the heat back up and also treated for Ich three times with a water change after the second treatment. As of yesterday the fish are all looking much better and I can tell the different fish apart again. A couple still have a bit of cloudiness in the eyes but that also seems to be clearing up.

Don't know if this helps but if you haven't already at the very least perhaps try turning the heat up in the tank to at least 29 or 30 degrees. If your tanks already at that level then im not too sure.

Interesting thought about the heat, I might up the heater a degree or two.

What did you use to treat the Ich?