Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    That is a nice looking tank!
    just wait till those swords grow in!

Thanks ILLSUN, I'm not much of a 'aquascaper' just trying to keep it to the 'Amazon' theme. Would love to scape as a biotope, I just can't source enough of the right wood.

no prob where abouts are you located and what type of wood are you after?

Wrigglers
    absolutely in love with amazon theme ,i think the attraction is due to it's minimalistic approach ,as a matter of interest what is your sand ,it looks very white . Mine use to look as white as that but after 4 weeks it changed to grey due to algae. How do you keep it clean and white ?
    Well done you must be very proud.

Added some Val today, I am very happy with the result. The discus have take love it and like to hide in it. I didn't have enough to plant on the right hand side, I'll have to get some more.

Quote Originally Posted by sayid View Post
    absolutely in love with amazon theme ,i think the attraction is due to it's minimalistic approach ,as a matter of interest what is your sand ,it looks very white . Mine use to look as white as that but after 4 weeks it changed to grey due to algae. How do you keep it clean and white ?
    Well done you must be very proud.
    Thanks sayid. The sand is just Bunnings play sand. I vacuum it twice weekly and that's about it. It doesn't seem to get algae on it but that could be due to the Sterbais always foraging in it.

Added another large sword and some ottos

Planted some more Val and added another 10 Cardinals to bulk up the school.

Only thing to do now is add some more sand to fill up the shallow areas and it is finished. Now if it would only stay the way it is

Physio said no more lifting 20L buckets of water, solution is some 60L drums, trolley and an Eheim pump.

A couple of new inhabitants last night, Forrest Alenquer Cross from Sunnyside. They're a little shy still but settling in well, no biffo yet.