Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks Ghoti, both 2217s have macropore in them...

Hey jimstreet your water may not be clear might be because your feeding 4 times a day , if you are feeding with an auto feeder it would be flake or pellets , that could be doing it , have a look at changing the type of food or cut it back to twice a day and see if it gets better ,

Thanks Scott, I'll cut back to twice a day feeds and see if that makes a difference.

Cutting back the food to twice daily plus a frozen treat at night has helped with the water quality. Problem is now there is a heap of aggression as the discus are hungry.

I bought some brushes from eBay that were excellent for cleaning the filter hoses. Combined with media bags for the media, cleaning an entire canister filter, including hoses & inlet/outlet pipes, takes no time now.

New aquascape is in the planning. Today I found 'the' piece of driftwood, I just need to work out how to wrangle it into the tank. I am taking inspiration from the tank in the picture below.

Nice one. Look forward to it

Very nice. It really looks like your water issues cleared up. They still behaving aggressively at feeding time?

Jason

Hey Jason that pic above is of how I want my tank to look. I wish my tank looked that good

I was planning a big aquascape today with the new driftwood however I ran out of time, instead I used the Python to do a 70% water change. I only use the Python when I am doing big water changes as it wastes water, however it makes life so much easier as you don't have to lift numerous buckets. When the tank was filling I also used the normal vacuum and a bucket to remove further detritus the Python didn't get, worked really well. I filled the tank slowly over an hour and a half however being such a cold day the temp has dropped over 5 degrees. The discus are huddled over the heater, hopefully it doesn't take long to warm up.

In preparation for the new driftwood I pruned the swords today removing any leaf that had algae on it. Still struggling with the 'bits' in the water...

After the first piece of driftwood wouldn't fit into the tank, I managed to find a piece at Petbarn of all places today. I feel it needs to go about 3-4 inches to the right. I also plan to fill out the back with Val.