Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tank update

Thanks man. Glad it inspired you.

I've given up on trying to breed. The fry keep dying. I've put the pair back in my display tank to enjoy.

SnakeSkin Discus
    it looks fantastic, simple yet effective scape, and the discus are beautiful. ive heard those lights are extremely strong, do you have them on max capacity?
    Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    it looks fantastic, simple yet effective scape, and the discus are beautiful. ive heard those lights are extremely strong, do you have them on max capacity?
    Hi Nathan, and thanks for your comment.
    No I'm running them at 80%.
    They are bright.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Hi , what a amazing aquarium!!! im thinking of changing my discus tank, i just wanted to ask what sand have you used?? i have ada soil in mine and wasn't sure how the sand will affect my PH, but i guess the driftwood would help with that aswell ,,

well done again on the tank!!

Quote Originally Posted by tolgauysal View Post
    Hi , what a amazing aquarium!!! im thinking of changing my discus tank, i just wanted to ask what sand have you used?? i have ada soil in mine and wasn't sure how the sand will affect my PH, but i guess the driftwood would help with that aswell ,,

well done again on the tank!!
    Thanks man, the aquarium told me it's called river sand.
    I told them it's for discus and they said it doesn't alter ph.
    Haven't had a problem with it.
    Thanks for the compliment.
    All the best...

SnakeSkin Discus
    ADA aqua soil is great for discus, it naturally lowers the ph as this is what most plants need to thrive. Either use river sand, quartz sand or sand they use in pool filters. Do not use sand from the beach as it is full of calcium and will push your kh and gh through the roof, definitely not discus friendly. All the ADA sands are also ph friendly they wont change the ph
    Nathan

Bought some Anubias