Just an Egg

Talking Photos of My Super Eruption Babies

After several attempts at trying to raise Super Eruptions Fries and trying different methods, I finally have got them
    still alive at 6 weeks with out all dying on me .... Here are Photos of two separate Tanks with my little babies.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140304_062400.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	20675

Name:	20140304_062344.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	20676
    Last edited by Jason; Thu Mar 06, 2014 at 01:04 AM. Reason: showing photos in post

Very nice to see. Any shots of the parents to see how they will turn out?

Jason

Just an Egg

Photos of My Super Eruption Babies

Hi Jason
    These are the only current photos I have of the Pair
    They are from the breeder "Forest" based in Malaysia.

Name:	20130923_170858.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	20677

Name:	20130813_200001_1.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	20678

Name:	20130813_195914.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	20679

I have another Pair which are still going through the motions of Laying correctly and
    Fertilizing the eggs properly, hopefully they will get it right soon.
    Last edited by Jason; Thu Mar 06, 2014 at 06:02 AM.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Lovely pair one of my favorite strains but the biggest problem is too many are highly enhanced,can you enlighten us about the problems you had and how you went about solving them tks

Just an Egg

: Photos of My Super Eruption Babies

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
    Lovely pair one of my favorite strains but the biggest problem is too many are highly enhanced,can you enlighten us about the problems you had and how you went about solving them tks
    Hi Jimbob
    Some of the problems Ive had is the fry attaching to the parents which I solved by surrounding
    the tank with White paper, the other is they get to 6 weeks and they start dying off in great numbers
    this could be due to flukes and other parasites, Ive treated them with medication the first time but
    it didnt work and some how they still died off.

This time I kept the parents with them for 7 weeks still together in the same tank
    but Water Quality is essential but with family and job commitments this is not always possible.
    Im hoping they pull through and have some left ,its definitley a full time job...

My experience with this strain so far is that they aren't so resilient as some other strains
    and are a little bit more difficult to raise. Im still learning with each batch but the parents are very
    attentive and patient. I also stay away from feeding blood worms at an early stage and feed fry pellets
    which are very small and beef heart , I tried using baby brine shrimp but found with the first batch that unless you remove
    all the unhatched and hatched brine shrimp shells, they can block the frys stomachs and cause issues.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Thanks for the reply what med did you use to treat them and at what age,I was told a while ago by an asian breeder to try and get stock that hadnt been enhanced .