Pondmaster 36W UV - Cleaning Process

Hey Guys,

I've had my pondmaster off for a year or so now, but now I want to reconnect it. The question I have is does anyone have any cleaning instructions.

Cheers
    Rob

the most important thing is transmission, make sure that sleeve is clean, if its been stored for a while you might find some ionised gunk stuck hard to quartz, if need be water down a little vinegar and use that to clean it.
    while you have it apart check the hosetails for signs that they are perishing, (discoloration, powdry brittle feel), if they look good check the seals as well don't forget a little silicon lube from a pool shop will keep them good for a much longer period of time.

other then that the only thing it might need is a new bulb, if your old one has had more then 6 months of use.

they are reasonably simple devices so long as they light up and stay water tight you wont have any issues.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSN View Post
    the most important thing is transmission, make sure that sleeve is clean, if its been stored for a while you might find some ionised gunk stuck hard to quartz, if need be water down a little vinegar and use that to clean it.
    while you have it apart check the hosetails for signs that they are perishing, (discoloration, powdry brittle feel), if they look good check the seals as well don't forget a little silicon lube from a pool shop will keep them good for a much longer period of time.

other then that the only thing it might need is a new bulb, if your old one has had more then 6 months of use.

they are reasonably simple devices so long as they light up and stay water tight you wont have any issues.
    It's been a while since I've posted about UVCs, but his is correct ILLUSN. UV lamps have an effective life of about 8000 hours (which is about 11.5-12 months if run 24x7) so the best thing Rob could do (and it's probably due about now if he last did it in 2014!) is to clean the glass sleeve and install a new 36W UV lamp. Fortunately they're not as expensive as they used to be.