New tank setup sugestion

Good day guys,

I'll mount a discus aqua, and like an opinion from you about the best way to do it (equipment etc).

The measurements of the aquarium will be 120X50X60cm LxWxH. 360 liters

Filtration System: I'm thinking of canister 2 1200 L / H, or is it better 2 1,500 L / H? must be silent. Which brand you recommendation?

Lighting: I would use LED, which rails are suitable for drives with a few plants, or DIY projects?

Substrate: quals Recommended options?

Ornamentation: trunk mastic and natural plants

What is the most practical way of doing TPA? Sump? Any automated system?

Water: What should I use to not have health problems of fish?

NOTE: I have nothing bought yet.

Thanks,
    Leandro

Wrigglers
    Hi Leandro
    A few comments:
    Try and get one big canister filter otherwise you are using more power. Also use a large sponge filter in the corner as a ‘back up’ filter.
    Most LED lights a bad for discus colour and will wash them out. There are some LED lights made specifically to enhance fish colour and these will be fine for anubius and amazon sword plants.
    Substrate should be bare bottom or very fine river sand. Make sure you use sand that does not increase the pH (many of the sands sold at Bunnings will).
    Easiest plants are anubius zip locked onto drift wood. I also use amazon swords in cut down pots and hide the pots with rocks.
    Tap water should be fine if treated with Prime to get rid of chlorine and heavy metals.
    Keep things simple. Don’t use chemicals or fill the tank with all sorts of plants.
    A weekly 10-20% water change is all that is needed unless you are growing discus or have overstocked the tank.
    Keep a pair or at least 6 smaller discus or they will pick on one fish.
    Buy adult fish if you can. Growing out fish is hard work and often you end up not getting what you wanted.
    Hope this helps
    Matt

Wrigglers
    Hi Leandro,

Eheim brand cannister filters are the best in my opinion. My rule of thumb is to filter the volume at least twice an hour as a minimum. By that I mean if you have a volume of 360lts that I'd recommend something that is rated at 720 litres per hour or larger as a minimum. The filters are rated for flow when they are empty, without the media. When you have a filter set up in a practical application, full of filter media, the flow is less than the actual rating on the filter casing.
    In my display tank (1000lt) at the moment I'm using two Eheim 2080 filters that are rated at 1700 litres per hour, lucky to be doing 1200 per hour probably in the real world? So that's on about roughly two and a half times the volume in an hour.
    I have another 200lt tank with about a ratio of 4-5 times an hour turn over but that has a breeding pair with wrigglers in it so I'm wanting to try and keep it as clean as possible as I'm limited for time, manually cleaning wise.
    I'm not familiar with the term T.P.A sorry.
    Clean water and strict long quarantine periods with new fish will save you a lot of grief in the long run.
    Hope it might help,

Cheers