Medium Discus

Eheim 2080 issues it wont start again

I cleaned out my Eheim 2080 this arvo and the only thing i did different was this time I cleaned the flow rate indicator as well pulled out the spring and the red cap. Then i cleaned the rest of the filter and put it back together and started it with everything filling as normal, bubbles coming out of the spray bar and then small bubbles started coming out and then nothing would happen. I tried pushing in the button and bubbles come out but it wont start. Have i put the spring and red cap with seal ring in the the wrong way?, i have tried 3 times on reinstalling it and cant get it to work, pull the head off again and tried the impeller on the head its was working fine. I need your help mate, is it going something to do with the indicator????? Also when the indicator part is off and open no water comes out off the outflow tube is that meant to happen?? when you blow on it air goes out

I hope you can understand all that guys, I'm stressing out here trying to get it to work again

Cheers Axl

Medium Discus
    finally worked it out about an hour ago, talked to a mate and he said he had trouble with his as well and it turned out to be the white rubber elbow not clicking into place properly. Once i clicked this in it was good as new, that can be a little trick with those filters. Much happier now and so are the discus!!!!!!!!!

Wrigglers
    good news.
    glad you got it sorted.

Hi, I'm New Here!

Eheim 2080 issue

Yes I too have had this issue before with the 2080 but I have also experienced another problem with the same pump, when the pump has low pumping performance it is due to a small rubber bush located where the impeller is housed, I found the rubber bush had receded and the impeller was no longer running on the bush but on the plastic housing causing it to slow dramatically. I removed the impeller and used the ceramic shaft to pick out the rubber bush and installed a very small o'ring then reinstalled the rubber bush , the o'ring acting as a spacer therefore making the bush proud of the plastic housing and then reassemble the pump as normal. Since doing this I have experienced no more issues with this.