Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Just an Egg

Some more updated pics 7 months later

I hope you like them
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new.jpg   new2.jpg   new3.jpg   new4.jpg   new5.jpg  

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Livingfish78 View Post
    I hope you like them
    Its disappointing that you don't want to answer ALL members questions. I have found it difficult to keep anubias etc free of hard brown algae but you seem to do it with ease. Just after a couple of tips thats all..thanks

Just an Egg
    dont be dissapointed ....Just pretty busy and limited for time... I have a massive UV conected to the filters. I run three 2080 filters. I do 2 water changes a week. I trim the plants once a week and get rid of any that are growing algae and then I wipe the leaves for the algae.

I also use algaecide...I also have darwin algae shrimp, L plecos and peppys.

hope I was able to help.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Livingfish78 View Post
    dont be dissapointed ....Just pretty busy and limited for time... I have a massive UV conected to the filters. I run three 2080 filters. I do 2 water changes a week. I trim the plants once a week and get rid of any that are growing algae and then I wipe the leaves for the algae.

I also use algaecide...I also have darwin algae shrimp, L plecos and peppys.

hope I was able to help.
    Thanks heaps for that ...as I suspected its total war against the algae. I didn't see the third 2080 and uv in your photos? your tank is inspirational..all the best

SnakeSkin Discus
    With your water changes how much do you change each Time? Do you use r/o Water?
    Nathan

Hi, I'm New Here!
    example of a top fancier

Wrigglers
    Looking absolutely fantastic! : )

Just an Egg
    That is one fantastic tank. I'm just setting up a tank at present of similar dimensions so a couple of questions if you can assist,

- what ph, KH and gh do you have
    - what discus types have you mixed, ie looks like Wilds and Asian from the above posts
    - any issues at all with that as some say you can't mix the three streams of Asian, german and wild
    - do you add any mineral supplements with the RO water
    - what temperature are you running the tank at

I've currently set mine up at,
    Ph 6.2 to 6.7, that's the movement difference from when the co2 is on and off
    I add some alkaline powder from seachem and equilibrium from seachem to get gh to 4 or 5 and KH to 2 or 3 which buffers the ph to the above
    If I don't add KH my ph goes down to 5 and moves an awful lot

I'm putting first fish in today being, Royal Whiptails, SAEs and Ottos, all to make sure it's fully cycled and I keep any algae under control.

As for discus im leaning towards Wild Discus and Wild Altum Angels but not 100% on whether that is a good combination.