Threaded View

Dying Discus - Not sure what to do next??

A few weeks ago when I was doing my weekly water changes I forgot to turn my heaters back on and the temp dropped to 26c. All seemed fine the temp came back up and everyone was happy. The following week I lost 2 fish, seemed to be picked on and were not eating. Did the usual, checked the water did 30-40% water changes so on. I Heckle remained very shy and I have not notice it eat since, not growing, darker in colour and always hiding. Never comes out for food. Yesterday 1 more week on I have set up a quarantine tank but before the transfer I noticed that all fish were hovering at the top of the tank as if they were eating from the surface of the water. Then I noticed a checkerboard was lying almost flat on the gravel taking large rapid breaths. I have transferred both the little Heckle and the struggling Checkerboard to the quarantine tank, treated for bacteria with Pimafix and Fluke and Tapeworm with Prazi.

What should I do? I don't want to loose any more discus!! Help Please.

Parameters of tanks:

Display tank is 250Lt, planted, drift wood, tetras, cory's and bristle nose and snails. Originally 7 juvenile discus, more recently 5.

PH 6 - 6.5 naturally.
    KH 3
    Ammonia 0
    Nitrate 0
    Nitrite 0
    Phosphate 1
    Temp 31c

Ehiem 2026 Filter, water changes 20% - 30% weekly.

Quarantine Tank 60Lt Glass bottom bio filtered driftwood air stone and 1 potted java fern for easy cleaning. 1 bristle nose to cycle the tank when no discus present.

PH 6.5 Chemically.
    KH 2
    Ammonia 0
    Nitrate 0
    Nitrite 0
    Phosphate 0
    Temp 30.8c

20% weekly water changes or as needed.

Pictures Attached of my sick fish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_7667.jpg   img_7658.jpg   img_7607.jpg  
    Webby