Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hi, I'm New Here!
    Also, the female now just hangs out looking/fanning the pipe where the eggs were. She has gone very dark. Is this normal?

cheers

Free Swimmer
    It sure is she is just prepping/cleaning ready for another spawn.Looking at your male in pic here appears to b showing himself to the female this indication is a sign of readiness for spawning good luck.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Thanks for the reply swifto.

They do seem to do a lot of displaying and shaking/twitching to one another. Often they will catch the sight of the other across the tank and move towards each other in an arching motion, often bowing heads. I have noticed too sometimes their face/gill plate seems to get slightly darker also.

Noticed the male cleaning the pipe on occasion today, so perhaps in the next day or two they'll try again.

They certainly have a mesmerizing quality, I find myself sitting in front of the tank watching this courtship/pair behavior.

cheers.

The length of the ventral fins is usually a good indication. I'm guessing your two are between 12 to 18 months. The female is dead keen to spawn. Hope the boy gets his act together soon

Lots of us manage to spend a few hours in front of the tank. We all seem to have the same addiction.
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Update.

They spawned again this morning (on the cone i provided them), and so far so good. I didn't see them spawn but obviously the male hasn't eaten them this time, and going by the color they appear fertile (only 5 or 6 white ones). I assume if they weren't fertilised they would have started to go white by now?

A very quick pic:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails imag0853__2___medium_.jpg  

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Ok approx 24hours in a maybe half have got white, the odd fungused too. To my eye I cant see any change in color to other eggs, so not hopeful of any fertilised/wrigglers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails imag0859__2___medium_.jpg  

Just an Egg
    Hi fishomc here is a video of how I use methylene blue to prevent fungus with great success If you want to have a look 4 next time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KHzs...zpwL1ttk-jWugQ

Don't give up hope yet. You could still have fertile eggs in that lot. Fingers crossed for you
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Yep thanks merrilyn, first little wriggler this morning!

I'd say about 100 good eggs to go. What a bonus! Just happy to see that first wriggler so I know I have a fertile pair now.

Nathan, thanks for the link. I have used meth blue in the past on various other species eggs, it can certainly be useful.

Cheers.

Just an Egg
    No problem IL PM you after a few months when you have some juveniles for sale