Hi, I'm New Here!

Head Standing 2 Discus

Dear Friends,

My Discus is having this disease for nearly 1 month. I did water changes but didn't cured. I haven't used any medicine since Sera didn't replied my e-mails. Only diagnossis is "Air Sack infection-inflammation" because of this the fish can't stand in correct angle but upside down in 90 degree. No one knows any cure or medicine.. If you know a medication to %100 heal please help me. Thank you for your replies.

Video is here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=TxTR32YmYOY

I've tried everyday water change for one week nothing happened.I'm trying again but I need a medicine as soon as posible

My fish feed and live like this for 1 month+

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started
    It has been nearly 1 month since they act like this.

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)
    Headstanding

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.
    Nothing yet because I haven't found any medicine even Sera company haven't replied my e-mail.

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish
    150cm long, 55 cm height, 50cm deep. 7 big discus. I don't have an idea about the size but they are really big.

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?
    Twice a week nowadays.

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp 29,5 celsius

- ph 8,0

- ammonia reading ?

- nitrite reading 0,5

- nitrate reading 25

- well water
    no well water.

- municipal water
    I use city water.

7. Any new fish/plants added recently
    The aquarium is glass only nothing added.
    Discus Fan

Swim bladder infection, I'm betting its caused by Gram negative anerobes living inside the swim bladder.

There is nothing you can really do and it will spread from fish to fish.

This is what wiped out my 10 VERY Large altums. I tired everything and nothing worked. If you like you can engage a vet, but likely he will have to destroy one of your fish fo identify the excat organism and it might require injections of antibiotics to save the rest. Very expensive.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Thank you for helping me, by saying "to save the rest" is it infectious?
    Discus Fan

it was infectious in my tank,
    tank specs: 4x2x16 tall ammonia=0 no2=0 no3=0 daily water changes of 40-50% fed on home made beefheart/shrimp-seafood mix. temp 29C pH 5.5.

Over a period of 7 months I lost 10 altums, these fish were HUGE from fin tip to fin tip they were 11-12 inches high, absolutely massive. 1 day 1 started to head stand, i treated with epson salts and switched to a high vegie (40%) beefheart shrimp mix hopeing it was a blockage as it was the biggest fish, Didnt work. I switched to treating with metro at 2g/100g mixed into the food, didnt work. Dosed the water with metro at 25mg/L for 10 days in conjunction with triple sulfa as i notices some degredation of the tail didnt work. Treated with huy hung H2 and H4 didnt work.
    Finally I injected the fish with 1mg gentamicin (assumed fish weight to be 200g) didnt work.
    One by one my fish came down with it and 1 by 1 they died. I tried to biopsy the swimbladder of the dead fish, it wasnt nice in there, the swim bladder had collapsed in al fish and the internal cavities were in a bad state of decomposition. It smelled anerobic.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    In how many days did they die? My 2 headstanders are without stress and chilled out eating and living like this for 1 month+... Weird..
    Discus Fan

bout 7-8 weeks for the first fish to die.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Too bad there is no cure.. thank you very much for help.
    Discus Fan