Just an Egg

New pair in community tank. Remove the others or not?

Just had a new pair form and lay eggs in a community tank, just wondering if I should remove the other fish or leave them?
    I've read that some people leave the others in for the first few spawns to encourage the protective instinct but others say its not necessary.
    Any opinions or experiences?

It is their first spawn and the female is two years old and the male is 13 months- if that makes a difference.
    Thanks

Larvae
    hey klawz , personally i would leave them as they are . if you do want to have a go at breeding them then as youve read it will help the pair by letting them lay a few times first . even if you removed the other fish the chance of your fry surviving would be slim .let them have a few goes and lf they can protect the eggs untill wriggler stage they will be good enough to put in their own tank,hope this helps and best of luck

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Glad i read this...
    My Blue Turq and White Diamond have paired and started the Shimmering and basic clean in the community tank.
    How long does it take before shimmer turns to eggs in a young pair.
    If i understand right it will take a while and a few attempts to even get this right.
    This is my first time and just slightly excited!!!

Free Swimmer
    They will a couple of goes,up to 1/2 dozen ,but they may have no success in a community tank.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Thanks
    I'd be happy to see just to see them spawn properly let alone hatch and raise them atm.
    If it does go well ill move them, heck i will even buy a new breeding tank!!