Hi, I'm New Here!

Stendker discus f. sale - Moving frm Melbourne to Townsville

G'day all,

we'll be moving (again) in April, this time from Melbourne to Townsville and most likely will have to get new wild discus in TV.

Questions:

1. Does anyone have an idea whom to contact up there (we're interested in eg Alenquer, Curis, Santarem etc, so the more 'natural' looking ones, or rea; wild-caught ones, imported eg by Glaser) ?

2. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good-quality fish courier service that would be able to transfer our stock from Melbourne to TV ?

3. In case 2. can't be done I'll have to pass on our current stock into capable hands, preferrably the whole bunch into one pair of hands.

We have approx. 12 to 15 cm sized Stendker discus of the strains Alenquer, Santarem and Stendker Tefe; 11 animals all in all. My idea for a price-point is AUD 150 per fish for the larger ones, and AUD 100 per fish for the smaller ones.

We also have about a hundred lemon tetras, dozens of catfish, 5 Giant Pencilfish, a flock of Bolivian rams, and a flock of Sajica cichlids - the whole lot lives peacefully together with the above discuss in a 1,000 litre tank. For the non-discus fish prices would have to be negotiated, but will be very reasonable, as we want to see all our fish going to good homes, if required.

We'll keep the tank, all accessories and the plants and will restart the whole caboodle when in Townsville, so no questions please in relation to hardware or plants.

You can reach me easily at florian-wolf@gmx.de, or leave a message on my mobile 0400 258 413.

Cheers, Florian

Just an Egg
    hey mate i live in Townsville i sent you a msg on your mobile

Hi, I'm New Here!

Fish have successfully moved from Melbourne to Townsville

Hi all,

just a quick update: looking at prices of Stendkers in the size range we had in Melbourne we found it worthwhile to relocate the fish, have done this with JetPets, and all went fabulously well. Not cheap, but excellent quality - anyone wanting more info please PM me & I can provide contacts.

The whole shebang is now happily swimming again in their tank; who suffered most during the move were the plants, as our 'lovely' removalist did not tell us that they would let our consignment roast in the FNQ sun in their yard for 2.5 weeks prior to delivering to Maggie Island - apart from causing a more than 10 k damage to our antiques & completely destroying a wardrobe dated 1760 (so, if anyone wants to know whom NOT to use, PM me as well).

A surprising number of plants still has survived, and I'll be getting more from Dave Wilson / AquaGreen soon (another recommendation, esp. for those of you running 'hot' tanks of 30 deg. upwards).

My apologies to all who are now disappointed, but we're happy that we kept the fish.

Cheers, Florian

Larvae
    That's good to hear about your discus, but your furniture removalists...
    Does insurance cover the damage?
    Ben