Wrigglers

breeding equipment

hey all im just putting it out there,what do i need to breed a pair of discus.
    ive got 8 young blue turqs in a grow out tank and waiting for them to form a pair/s.
    once a pair is formed,what is required to breed them,breeding/growout tanks,filtation,foods,ect,ect.
    just want to get some things organised in my fishroom,as ive got limited room just want to know what im up for.
    any advice and info would be great.

cheers marty

Wrigglers
    ok can someone help with what size growout tank/s i will need

Just an Egg
    hey marty for my breeding pairs i use a standard 3 foot tank with just 2 sponge filters and a 90mm pvc pipe for them to lay there eggs on.growouts are different only that they need as many water changes as possible because i feed 4 or 5 heavy feeds per day and the water gets dirty very quickly.i use a 3x2x2 tank for the grow outs with 2 larger sponge filters than the breeding tank.as for feeding is were i differ from most breeders is that i don't feed baby brine shrimp i start with cyclop eeze freeze dried cyclops.cyclops eeze is much cleaner and a breeze to use no jars with sea water and messy cleaning.after 1or2 weeks on cyclop eeze i transfer them onto beef heart mix,seafood mix and sera discus granules that i soak in a mixture of water and spirilina powder.as for equipment same as normal discus keeping only i sterilise my nets and buckets with hydrogen peroxide to stop disease.i hope this helps but what works best is trial and error .what works for me may not work for you good luck and hope this helps regards lawrence

Wrigglers
    thanks lawrence,goood stuff merry xmas