Hi, I'm New Here!

Avitrol + as a Discus Wormer?

I have at the moment 4 not well discus they are showing all the signs of internal parasite infection , dark color no apatite flicking and shimmying
    white glue like poo etc , I have been treating them with A waterlife product Sterazin , over 10 days also they have had praziquantal as well although the fish are a little bit more lively they still seem to be infected.
    also this morning I noticed they seem to have gill fluke again breathing out of one side of their gills I have discovered a product called Avitrol Plus bird wormer syrup it contains levamiosol 10mg/ml + Prasiquantel 2mg/ml, has any one heard of this product or has any one used it? it would seem to be a good worm and fluke remover looking forward to hearing from some of our more experienced members cheers

Free Swimmer
    Hi,never herd of it,but if it contains sugar don't use it as it will kill your fish.Go for something like Big L pig & poultry wormer.Someone who has used thing will b able to help u more.Increase your temp to 34 for week also.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Hey swifto
    Thanks for that I did notice that some of these products are sweetend and that is bad for the tank, fish etc I will go for the Big L treatment I think , I have the temp up to 33/34 warmer days here 30+ have to keep an eye on temps one of the smaller fish is starting to eat one of the large blue diamonds is passsing large white toothpaste size poos 2=cm length blobs ,other lge blue diamond passing stringy thin long white strands first time in 2 years i have had this issue I had fish in a display tank and recently added clown loaches suspect them as carriers

Larvae
    Hey guys just thought i would throw some info up regarding this,, I have bought some of this in tablet form and i after reading this i thought i would do some research, i called the manufacturer and they said that in the tablet form there are no sweeteners or sugar based ingredients. i haven't confirmed a dosage rate yet but if anyone could calculate it that would be awesome.

the tabs contain 16.9 mg levi
    and 4mg prazi
    THE DISCUS DISEASE SYMPTOMS SEEM TO BE SITTING IN FRONT OF TANK FOR HRS ON END!!!

REALLY WEIRD FOR AN ADDRENALIN JUNKY!!!